Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil

3 posters

Go down

Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil Empty Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil

Post  stilltrying Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 am

Hi all, Just brought myself a GP extreme as this was within my price range. Before this only have Ex-terra. The Extreme come with 11" dd & 18" dd.
Can some of you more expienced people that have owned & used these machines give me some tips to settings or coil preferrence. I did do a course when brought but I am a strong believe that the more I understand my machine the better my chance of finding some Gold. PS The next big one, lol

Thanks dave
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil Empty Re: Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Gday Dave,
I had an Extreme for a few years and found a stack of gold with it. Get yourself either a Coiltek Goldstalker 14 elliptical blitz mono or a 14 Nuggetfinder elliptical mono. The Mono`s will be a little more noisier than a DD but they will get you more gold once you get used to it.
Run in SENSITIVE,TRACKING and with the signal set above 3/4.
Listen for those faint warbles or pauses in the Threshold and investigate every ground noise.
The Coiltek 10 inch joey mono works well on this machine for the small stuff.
Good luck mate. Cool

Back to top Go down

Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil Empty Re: Just brought Gp extreme it came with 11" or 18" coil

Post  stilltrying Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks Gus, but realy don't want to spend any more to get more coils or anything else just yet. Would realy like to know if anyone has tried 18" dd or am I better of to stick to 11"dd these are coils I have.
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Gday Dave,
I guess i recommended the mono coils because I was already using them on the SD2200d before I got the Extreme.
That said,the original 11" DD is a ripper coil and would be my choice out of the 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 am

Hi there Dave, I use a 3000. Coil size to use depends on depth of ground to where the gold may be & also the size of the gold. The 18" will of course detect deeper but then the gold will need to be bigger if it is at depth. The 11" will find the smaller gold closer to the surface. That is the trade off with coil size verses sensitivity, depth & size of gold.
I am also a mono coil fan. If you know the size of gold & what depth it is at then you can answer your own question now. It is the smaller gold that you are more likely to be getting, but you never know your luck, so my choice would be to use the 11" to start off with. Go to shallowish worked areas, get to know your machine & enjoy the search. Dont dwell on finding gold first time out. There is a lot to learn & that really only comes with time out in the field.

Good luck out there.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Don't forget to check out the Extremes in the All about Detectors Section

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f26-gp-series

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltrying Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks Guys that makes sense. Just gotta get out their now.
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down