Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step.

5 posters

Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step.

Post  natenwhy Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi everyone I'm a newbee to gold detecting and prospecting forum, Laughing That may be an understatement to gold prospecting in fact I've never prospected before in my life, but I have read blogs and watched videos of some pretty amazing finds. I'm not expecting to make the find of the century, I'm more interested in what others have to say about the subject at this point. I've covered the basics and brought a miners right and have even got a detecter being mailed to me, yeah. Very Happy
Look forward to reading more topics and comments on the finer details of prospecting and your guidance.

Thanks.
natenwhy
natenwhy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty hullo

Post  pipeclay Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Welcome. If you are going to the Golden Triangle (and being from Sunbury I would suggest it is nice and close)< there are several purpose made maps that i can suggest - John Tully's, Doug Stones and Steven Barnham maps. They are all contemporary and available for a reasonable price. Next thing is try and get on a training day.
pipeclay
pipeclay
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty Re: A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step.

Post  Digginerup Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

natenwhy wrote:Hi everyone I'm a newbee to gold detecting and prospecting forum, Laughing That may be an understatement to gold prospecting in fact I've never prospected before in my life, but I have read blogs and watched videos of some pretty amazing finds. I'm not expecting to make the find of the century, I'm more interested in what others have to say about the subject at this point. I've covered the basics and brought a miners right and have even got a detecter being mailed to me, yeah. Very Happy
Look forward to reading more topics and comments on the finer details of prospecting and your guidance.

Thanks.

Hi Natenwhy, Smile welcome to your new addiction! Cool you will know by now if you feel the lure of Mistress Gold Twisted Evil She will call to you!.... and you must answer!.
And by all means expect to make the find of the century! there is nothing to say it wont be you if your out there doing it,optimism is what drives us forward, I always think if you were not optimistic you wouldnt do it!! Wink I'm a little like you,Lots to learn, you will no doubt get some good advice here as I have, every grain of good advice cuts a corner for you and gets you one step closer to finding the yellow!
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

Post  GOLD TRACKER Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi and welcome natenwhy good luck on the hunt for gold.
cheers bren.
GOLD TRACKER
GOLD TRACKER
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty Re: A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step.

Post  getascripter Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:37 am

G'day natenwhy ... and welcome! Nice ta meet ya Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step. Empty Thanks for the welcome

Post  natenwhy Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I hope in time I might get to know you all a little better as I add more posts and read more of about the amazing finds by the members cool. "I can't wait for my detector to arrive it's taking forever." bounce

natenwhy
natenwhy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down