Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are you allowed detecting in forestry qld

2 posters

Go down

are you allowed detecting in forestry qld Empty are you allowed detecting in forestry qld

Post  trev5000 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 pm

does anyone know if you can detect in forestry in qld

trev5000
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

are you allowed detecting in forestry qld Empty Re: are you allowed detecting in forestry qld

Post  secret squirrel Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi mate,if you check in Information on Qld goldfields you will find some posts in relation to this.Basically the law states fossicking in stateforests is not allowed. Excemptions are if you get written permission from the forestry( which they will not do) or if you get permission from the leaseholder of the particular area you are interested in,most state forests are under lease, mainly to run cattle , I am currently in negotiation with the current government to try and have more state forest areas opened up for our hobby as we have very little ground available, basically just the few GPAs in Clermont.....you can check out my other posts relating to this in the General discussion section...my post relates to a proposed petition re this matter....hope this helps....I do hope to get a reply from the government some time next month and hopefully t make some new ground available in state forests.
cheers Andrew Smile
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down