Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold?

3 posters

Go down

GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold? Empty GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold?

Post  Blackstone78 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Hey Guys,

I want to know which setting punches deeper on medium to large nuggets. I live in the Pilbara West Australia ( Red dirt Country )...

The fine gold setting is a killer on obvious targets within coil range. What I'd like to know is....I'm detectcing over a flogged out patch, yet there seems to be larger nuggets deeper. Ground mineralisation is medium to High...some rock hard red clay also..!! GPX 5000 runs like a dream...

" Which would be the ultimate setting to use in conjuction with a 25 inch coil, to gain maximun depth, for a slight chance of getting that faint sniff of a signal"...?

Please feel free to supply Rx gain & Stablizer settings also...

Thanx
Blackstone78

Blackstone78
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold? Empty Re: GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold?

Post  hoolahoopa Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 pm

crank your gain turn your stabiliser down and turn your target volume up. thats what i would do anyway.
cheers

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold? Empty Re: GPX 5000 Settings to gain maximun depth using a 25 inch coil...Enhance or Fine Gold?

Post  Blackstone78 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Okay Thanx hoolahoop...

I was considering gain - 16, stabilzer down to - 6

Blackstone78
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Blackstone
In those situations I use sensitive extra.Once you get a signal switch back over to fine gold making sure your stabilizer is above 10 and Rx at least 14.As above target volume 12 or higher .Don't drop your stabilizer or you will miss the faint signals.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstone78 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanx Steve...

What depth capabilities & targets sizes have you experienced using sensitive-extra ?

Blackstone78....

Blackstone78
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Enhance and fine gold in some cases out perform normal or sensitive extra on small to very small gold.Around the 2 gram mark and up sensitive extra will give significant increases.The difference between enhance and fine gold is not worth worrying about.
If you use sensitive extra it requires very slow and careful detecting but excellent on small areas with known deep gold.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstone78 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Sounds very interesting deutran...thanx for sharing that..!

That's encourged me to experiment more with other timings. I didn't want to try without getting some basic setting pointers. Not a fan of guess work..

Would I set that in (N) normal or (Deep) mode..?

Cheerz

Blackstone78
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 pm

I haven't any experience with deep just use Normal,maybe somebody can assist you on that one.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down