Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector

3 posters

Go down

newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector Empty newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector

Post  www.eskimow.com.au Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi , im a newbie and want to get a half decent but cheaper gold detector that can also pick up coins in the soil , what can i buy for under $1000 thats half decent . cheers

www.eskimow.com.au
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector Empty newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector

Post  vicgoldhunter Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm

hi mate, me first choice. ya cant beet a minelab PI sd2000 or 2100 super detector... pick em up close to that money, but buy one from a golddetecting shop.. as they will sell you a real machine, not a fake or broken one. and make sure its got a high seriel number, as some early 2100 were not the best... ..
if ya buy from there its a little more but, they will a do ya a good deal... show ya how to use it ,give you some warranty on it, and it will allways hold its money.as its a super detector PI...
ive found both gold n coins with a sd2100 and they r upgradeable to mods, n batterys, n coils etc...... n r pretty easy to use...
me 2nd choice would be a minelab xterra 705 gold pack, easy to use machine, batterys last ages, target id on the control, discrimination to for both coins n gold.. but will only go to max a foot deep... in the g-fields~
so theres some tips ... hope this helps ya ....cheers.....!
vicgoldhunter
vicgoldhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-05-31

http://www.vicgoldhunter.com

Back to top Go down

newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector Empty Re: newbie wanting a half reasonable but low cost detector

Post  goldquest Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi mate, my advice is, wait a bit longer and buy at least one SD2200D, with automatic ground balance, if you buy an older detectors must adjust manually the balance every five minutes.
Finding gold is already difficult enough, try to buy a detector that is not too complicated for a beginner.
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down