Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laanecoorie 2012

2 posters

Go down

Laanecoorie 2012 Empty Laanecoorie 2012

Post  warragul Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi all,
What a great weekend at Laanecoorie it was. Congratulations to Mariner 3800 and his better half on the effort to ensure the weekend was enjoyed by the prospectors and secondly, that the weekend was a success for the Royal Childrens Hospital. It was disappointing that some bad arse decided to knock a dvd the proceeds of course to go to the hospital. I do not know how you fix this type of animal, however, thought should be given to next year to ensure this sort of clown does not attend. There are a number of people I wish to thank and the first being Wombat who made himself known when I arrived on Friday morning and who was a wealth of knowledge on Saturday morning and for the rest of the weekend, a true gentleman in my view. Two Bob who kindly took me under his wing on Saturday and put up with my lack of knowledge and showed me how to do it. Thanks Graham. To Robyn and Jim, you were the perfect hosts and I for one really appreciated it, thank you sincerely. Bill who was camped next to me and who I do not know his forum name, I really appreciated his input and help plus he was kind enough to not complain about my snoring. I did not get to know a lot of the other people in attendance, however, it was a friendly gathering and one could not come away from Laanecoorie. and say they did not get any benefit from the weekend. In closing I forgot to mention Rowdy who is a misnomer as he is so quiet.Rowdy also did provide me with some helpful advice. Again, thank you everyone for the opportunity to participate in a memorial weekend.

warragul
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie 2012 Empty Re: Laanecoorie 2012

Post  mariner3800 Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 am

Hi Warragul,

It was a great weekend and all made easier when we have the quality of organisers, helper and member that this forum has.

Looking forward to next year already, but need a few good nights sleep.

Peter
Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 am

it was a ripper of a turnout, Mariner3800 how did the 4000 go after the test patch? did they use the N/F or the coiltek coil after that? i just clicked i had went into the settings and went from smooth into extra sens, i don't think i had put it back to smooth. it will be a bit noisy in hot ground and pick a lot of hot rocks. i hope they changed it back.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Stoppsy,

yep, gave them some trouble on depth for a while, they used my small 14x9 Coiltek for the rest of the day. John found the problem Sunday morning, all good.

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down