Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono

2 posters

Go down

Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono Empty Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono

Post  mulgadansa Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi All
Just thought I'd give you some feedback on this coil.
I bought one about a fortnight ago and just spent three and a half days detecting out in the Murchison using only that coil on my 4500.
15 pieces for the three and a half days, total 20 grams, largest 6 grams, smallest - I can't weigh it on my fulcrum type scales(gotto get some small digi ones). I'd guess at about 0.3 of a gram. All were at varying depths from about two inches to over twelve inches
This coil is something else. Smooth as silk and it's depth capability is staggering. One piece, about 10mm in diameter and .5 of a mm thick, was recovered from approximately 12" depth. I was expecting something in the 5+ gram range at least and couldn't believe how small the piece was.
No negatives to report at all. The coil is light and easy to use. I think it will be perfectly suited for both combing existing patches (thirteen of the pieces I recovered were within flogged grading on an old patch) and patch finding as well.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono Empty Re: Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono

Post  Shinegold Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

How much did that nugget weigh? The one that you found at 12" deep?
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono Empty Re: Roadtest - NF Advantage 14x9 Mono

Post  mulgadansa Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Gday Shiney
Something less than half a gram. The only reason I got it was that it was lying flat in the bottom of the hole. If it had been tilted at all, because of it's thinness, I wouldn't have heard it.
It does seem like a great little coil.
Cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down