Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Deep Setting on 4500

2 posters

Go down

Question about Deep Setting on 4500 Empty Question about Deep Setting on 4500

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi.

Had my best day since I started detecting 3 pieces for 1.7 grams using 11 inch mono and 4500 set on Enhance and Deep front panel. Boost. Gain 11, Stabilser 8.

The .4 easy to hear sitting on top of wash. (flat)

The .3 at 6 to eight inches, very very faint signal but still a definite target signal (rough but chunky)

The 1 gram (round and solid) 10 to 12 inches into wash, wasn't really an audible tone but more like a pause in the threshold, if I hadn't just got the .3 with it's faint signal and concentrating I probably wouldn't have heard the threshold differ, it wasn't till I'd scraped a couple of layers off the surface and was into the wash that I was sure it was a target which only got louder as I went deeper.

Now for the question. Does Deep mode actually go deeper or is it just to do with audio response and do you think I would have detected the last two nuggets in normal and enhance.

G.B.

G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Question about Deep Setting on 4500 Empty Re: Question about Deep Setting on 4500

Post  Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

G.B. wrote:

Now for the question. Does Deep mode actually go deeper or is it just to do with audio response and do you think I would have detected the last two nuggets in normal and enhance.

G.B.

G'day G.B.

If your talking about Deep mode on the front switch, it is just a setting not a timing, you can set "G" or "Custom" up to be exactly the same as "Deep", or you can have the 3 set up all a bit different and easily flick between the 3 settings when checking a target if you want.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Question about Deep Setting on 4500 Empty Re-question-about-deep-setting

Post  Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 pm

That is how I use to run my 4500 deep and enhance, may not have got the last signal if you had it in normal, I have dug a lot of deep targets that were as you said pause in the threshold I call them whispers. Very Happy Congrats on your finds and keep em coming.

Cheers

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Question about Deep Setting on 4500 Empty Re: Question about Deep Setting on 4500

Post  deutran Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Good work G.B on the finds
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down