Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daylight creek or Turon river?

2 posters

Go down

Daylight creek or Turon river? Empty Daylight creek or Turon river?

Post  mr-comfy Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi guys i am from Newcastle as most of you know but was looking at an old post on daylight creek down sw but is it all 4x4 access? I dont have a fourby but just a normal sedan but want to get out and explore for a day or two every couple of weeks. Google maps / earth dont have great descriptions but the old post showed a creeks with a normal sedan next to a creek?
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t6600-daylight-creek-sunny-corner
Great post with heaps of info but i dont want to drive for 3 hrs to find no normal access and i dont know the area so not sure where to find the creeks. I am only in it for sheets and giggles and want to make sure i find one spec in my lifetime so please help. Any info of=n the tuena river would be appreciated.
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Daylight creek or Turon river? Empty Re: Daylight creek or Turon river?

Post  mr-comfy Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm

So same/same as most posts on here, i dont wanna get rich just wanna learn ahhh well what other links to gold fossiking sites are there????
... no replies as everyone gets gold there???? Has anyone been there?
Now i have a 4x4 too....
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

G'day
Plenty of spots along the Turon to camp and pan. Well appointed camping facilities upstream from Sofala and easy access for 2wd before the crossings. Heading towards Hillend there are several camping spots on the river including Wallabee Rocks and Coles Bridge, all easily accessed by 2wd.

This whole section of the Turon is gold-bearing and after a couple of recent floods I would be very suprised if you didn't get a bit (I even panned a few specks of gold out of some grass roots with a fryingpan to show my mate how easy it was). I'll be heading out there again in about a fortnight and will let you know, if you want to tag along I'd be happy to show you where we usually have a go.

I haven't been to Sunny Corner as it means going through Sydney and I despise driving anywhere near Sydney

Cheers

Chimpy

Last edited by Chimpy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : seplling)

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-comfy Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow man that would be great just give me a yell, Off to a secret spot tomoz up near glouster that isn't in the parks and it has two or three mines and a creek running down from it.
If i get nice and lucky will give you a yell. Laughing

Last edited by mr-comfy on Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didnt finish propper)
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down