Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector

+4
llanbric
chopppacalamari
toptigin
goldquest
8 posters

Go down

Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector Empty Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector

Post  goldquest Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi all,
I would like to know if anyone can help me with information regarding super light weight Lithium battery for a GPX 5000, there is no information about these batteries? Can damage in some way my metal detector? The ones I mean are manfactured by detectormods.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector Empty Re: Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector

Post  toptigin Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm

In Australia Vudi such аккомуляторы does. He you and will help. The Reference дам to you in личку.
Respectfully yours.
toptigin
toptigin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector Empty Re: Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  toptigin Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Shocked I not that has said?
toptigin
toptigin
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Me neither! No

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

OK I'm starting to get the gist of this "Vudi" is the user name for a forum member Who posts on a lot of other forums.

If you copy and paste what toptigin gives, then google it, it will show the results affraid Then click on translate Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:34 pm

spaciba
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  toptigin Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 am

Please!
The Muzhiks do not judge me strictly. With language english beside me it is difficult Embarassed
toptigin
toptigin
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:56 pm

goldquest wrote:Hi all,
I would like to know if anyone can help me with information regarding super light weight Lithium battery for a GPX 5000, there is no information about these batteries? Can damage in some way my metal detector? The ones I mean are manfactured by detectormods.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you
Goldquest

As usual, every time I ask for some information on this forum do not get many willing to help me, you're only good at criticizing other members, I do not find it appropriate to criticize someone just because he does not write correctly in English, I would like to see how many of you can speak Russian, some of you do not even know how to spell in english.
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:10 pm

someday wrote:OK I'm starting to get the gist of this "Vudi" is the user name for a forum member Who posts on a lot of other forums.

If you copy and paste what toptigin gives, then google it, it will show the results affraid Then click on translate Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks " someday", but is not the kind of help to which I referred, I know how to use a translator.
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Search this forum for threads on this subject, I'm interested in it also, the main concern I have is the safety of the control box without failsafes between the battery and the box, other DYI setups appear to work fine though.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Goldquest take it easy man! your not on your own by a long shot when it comes to receiving meaningful/meaningless replies.
toptigin, was offering his help, meaning "Get in touch with Vudi" Reading a few posts that Vudi has posted, his wording is perfect, no doubt that's because he lives in Australia!

Not sure too many people are willing to blow up a 5000 by testing different battery set ups? I can only imagine your trying to ditch the harness! Very Happy
So you have two choices, Go with what's been offered, or be patient!

Cheers
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

someday wrote:Goldquest take it easy man! your not on your own by a long shot when it comes to receiving meaningful/meaningless replies.
toptigin, was offering his help, meaning "Get in touch with Vudi" Reading a few posts that Vudi has posted, his wording is perfect, no doubt that's because he lives in Australia!

Not sure too many people are willing to blow up a 5000 by testing different battery set ups? I can only imagine your trying to ditch the harness! Very Happy
So you have two choices, Go with what's been offered, or be patient!

Cheers
Chris

Hi "someday", I have no intention to try new untested batteries on my brand new 5000, I'm just looking for information about this wireless that I have heard in this forum, it would be nice to leave the harness at home though . Very Happy
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cams 4500 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Goldquest, I am in the process of making my 4500 wireless. Not the same as yours but you could adapt to suit. I have ordered a custom cover from Double D Leather (speak to Dean), it covers the tector and has a battery holder on the side + some webbing to mount the speaker with a clip. I will have it in a few days, currently I am tracking down a short power lead about 250mm long to avoid using the long heavy one being wrapped around. I am doing this with the standard battery. I have tested it mounted with cable ties to see how the weight is, it actually came out quite well balanced.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  detecta2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Hllo gents, cant talk on the 5000 but ran my wifes 45 wth compact batteries from woody, never had a problem xcept personally think his speaker is a bit light on, but the mrs happy,no harness, nice and light etc and goes 6 to 7 hours before seeing a drop off. Myself just use minelab battery ,duct tape it to side of box and use bunjy,I use a largish speaker taped to top of arm rest, not that heavy, but I usually , break every 1 1/2 to 2 hours,cuppa and a biscuit keeps the concentration up .Just sold her 45, bought 5000 ,give it a burn next weekend ,maybe she gets my 45 and I get the 5000

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Cams 4500 wrote:Hi Goldquest, I am in the process of making my 4500 wireless. Not the same as yours but you could adapt to suit. I have ordered a custom cover from Double D Leather (speak to Dean), it covers the tector and has a battery holder on the side + some webbing to mount the speaker with a clip. I will have it in a few days, currently I am tracking down a short power lead about 250mm long to avoid using the long heavy one being wrapped around. I am doing this with the standard battery. I have tested it mounted with cable ties to see how the weight is, it actually came out quite well balanced.

Hi Cams 4500, thank you for let me know, so you will use the original Minelab battery, don't you think that will be too heavy on your arm? Please let me know when you receive your custom cover, also can you let me know if and where you find the short power lead. Smile
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

detecta2 wrote:Hllo gents, cant talk on the 5000 but ran my wifes 45 wth compact batteries from woody, never had a problem xcept personally think his speaker is a bit light on, but the mrs happy,no harness, nice and light etc and goes 6 to 7 hours before seeing a drop off. Myself just use minelab battery ,duct tape it to side of box and use bunjy,I use a largish speaker taped to top of arm rest, not that heavy, but I usually , break every 1 1/2 to 2 hours,cuppa and a biscuit keeps the concentration up .Just sold her 45, bought 5000 ,give it a burn next weekend ,maybe she gets my 45 and I get the 5000

Hi detecta2, thank you for sharing, you taped the battery on the control box, do you find it heavy on the arm, and what did you do with the power lead, is non on the way?
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cams 4500 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 pm

goldquest wrote:
Cams 4500 wrote:Hi Goldquest, I am in the process of making my 4500 wireless. Not the same as yours but you could adapt to suit. I have ordered a custom cover from Double D Leather (speak to Dean), it covers the tector and has a battery holder on the side + some webbing to mount the speaker with a clip. I will have it in a few days, currently I am tracking down a short power lead about 250mm long to avoid using the long heavy one being wrapped around. I am doing this with the standard battery. I have tested it mounted with cable ties to see how the weight is, it actually came out quite well balanced.

Hi Cams 4500, thank you for let me know, so you will use the original Minelab battery, don't you think that will be too heavy on your arm? Please let me know when you receive your custom cover, also can you let me know if and where you find the short power lead. Smile
Cheers
Goldquest

Hi Goldquest, Before I ordered the new cover I cable tied the battery to the control box to get an idea of weight (before wasting money) I found it to be fine weight wise and well balanced. Without battery I need to pick the coil up but with battery on it pivoted evenly at the handle. The shorter cable will reduce weight again. No luck getting it yet but I am still looking (found a 4 pin short cable, older model?)

I should get the new cover next week and will report back then once put together, personally I can't wait to not use the harness.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cams 4500 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Have found that Coiltek make a 450mm long 5 pin cable for GPX, a little longer than I wanted but I think I will get this instead of trying to get someone to make something. Just need to get one ordered now. Will also kind of give me a spare too.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Cams 4500 wrote:Have found that Coiltek make a 450mm long 5 pin cable for GPX, a little longer than I wanted but I think I will get this instead of trying to get someone to make something. Just need to get one ordered now. Will also kind of give me a spare too.

Hi Cams 4500, do you know the price for the power lead 5 pin for GPX? I need to order one too.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cams 4500 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Coiltek make the short cable $37.50, I'm getting mine from Coiltek in Maryborough.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bikehe Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm

I just got back from a 2 week stint in the bush using the minelab battery on the side of the detector for the first time housed in a box cover made by Eureka Worx in the US. I never had an issue with weight of the minelab battery and it worked better than I expected. It actually balanced the machine nicely when I placed it on my shoulder walking around looking for new areas resting it between the handle and box. I wont be going back, but thats just what works for me. Its also reversable if you want to change sides just by turning the cover around. Dont quote me but I dont think there would be more than 200 grams between a minelab battery and one of the other aftermarket batteries available. Just something to consider

bikehe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Light weight Battery set fpr GPX metal detector Empty battery

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 9:22 am

coiltek in maryborough had a small battery made by coiltek. was a while back, how long they last i dunno.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 am

Hi, We tried putting minelab battery on side if detector. We sewed on an extra pouch onto the side of control box cover. The problem we had was the detector always wanted to hang crooked, twisting sideways. we tried repositioning the lug that holds the bungy cord (swiveling it sideways) but in end left battery off and it went back in harness.
I have had another look at how we can do it, thought it might mount in front of control box under handle but that does not work either. mounting it above the arm strap didnt work as could not get it stable there.
minelabs mount in harness is still the go for moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  staples61 Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Coldquest,
I carry battery in a Camelback backpack. Ditched the Minelab harness. The battery sits higher between my shoulders doing this. Works for me.

staples61
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down