Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain Rain and Rain

+6
ttrash
llanbric
mullockgrubber
hassa
Greenwell2
rc62burke
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi All
Just had a look at the 4 day forecast.Ninety percent of Oz will get rain over the next 4 days.The triangle is due to get around 25 to 30 mm.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Re: Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

could be good as it will wash away another layer off dirt...but then it will put more on top off that bigger one that's hiding down the bottom off the hill.. scratch
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

I'll believe it when I see it! We've been promised around 40mm over the past month? 2mm was all I recorded!
It will rain, no doubt about it. "But when". Time to do the Indian dance? Hey it does work. Trust me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Noel,

Its bloody hot in Melb now then a stinker for Saturday.. I think its going to build over the next few days and the BOM predicts some CB activity on Sunday or Monday

No much good for waving the old Detector around temp or EMI wise.. tongue

P

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah mate
Watch where its ran,the leaves will be gone.Nice indication of which way the gold has gone.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeah Chris
Its a hard thing to get right,Especially thunderstorms.Maryborough was due to get good rain the other week only got 2mm.8 klms away got 25mm.

Paul i like watching the storms come in on Weather Radar.The missus and I go out the front with a bottle of wine and wait.When the lightening strikes and the windows shake,we figure out it not such a brilliant idea after all.Jeez there loud.
Cheers Dig

Last edited by Dig24crt on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant freakin spell)

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Re-Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi guys hope we do get some good rain this time, may help to settle some of those hot ground noise Very Happy
Cheers
Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Dig. Good old mother nature ah! When we owned our old property out the back of Moyhu, Our place was roughly in the middle of 8 k's of dirt road, You'd be driving through foot deep puddles either end, thinking finally some water in our tanks, the closer we got to home the more dust would start puthering up from the tyres?
Occasionally the weather pattern would work in reverse, "Few and far between"!

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Mike
Has the opposite effect,makes the ground noisier.Coil down for a while until the top layer dries out.Back the gain off on GPX machines.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Dig yes I know you need to let it dry for 2-3 days but detector will run a bit better, the spot where we were the other day is very bouncy ground also a lot of EMI happening did not help Mad
Cheers
Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah Mike
The ground has been dry as you would know.Last big rain Mid December.As usual early morning and late in the day is the quietest time.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Re-Rai Rain and Rain

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for that Dig
Cheers
Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Dig24crt wrote:Paul i like watching the storms come in on Weather Radar.The missus and I go out the front with a bottle of wine and wait.When the lightening strikes and the windows shake,we figure out it not such a brilliant idea after all.Jeez there loud.
Cheers Dig

I think we all like the big evening Thunderstorms - ain't they something..

However I'm a little shy of those larger hailstones which seem to have developed with the CB's in the last few year's..

My wife had her spanking new 2 week old Ford Fiesta hammered in the March 2010 hail storm in Melb - bloody thing looked like a Golf Ball.. We had it fixed by Paintless Dent Removal >> I was amazed by the repair - it came up a treat and in showroom condition.. Quite Incredible..

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi All
We had 67mm last night & 22mm the night before, but this time last year we had 400mm in feb.
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty . Re: Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Greenwell2 Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Meanwhile in sunny Tassie we are having a fine weekend. Shame I dont have a detector yet( working on it). Will just have to go fishing up at the shack up at the highlands instead. Its a tough life but someone has to do it.
Greenwell2
Greenwell2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 am

Looks like they finally got it right it sure has Rained, at the moment dose not look like it will be letting up for sometime to come, nice to hear on the roof though

Cheers all

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  hassa Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 am

just checked the rain gauge 112mm over night and still raining but not as hard .........in cobram vic....HASSA affraid
hassa
hassa
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:43 am

My detecting last Sunday was washed out and came home to even more rain. Now there are flood watch for the Macquarie , Mandagerie, Bellubula and Bell Rivers as a heavy rainbelt is expected Wednesday.

Don't think I'll be out with the detector this weekend coming.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 am

I just checked out my rain gauge in Maryborough and we had well over 30mm of rain in the last 28hrs.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

95mm in the rain gauge overnight, Wangs drainage systems wont handle it, that's for sure!
They spend millions on bike tracks, Art centres, anything that doesn't matter, Go figure Question

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

I've been planning another trip to the triangle, the heat is holding me off at the moment, thank heavens. I was rained out last time after 3 days, too hot the time before that and called it quits, third time lucky?

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty rain rain rain

Post  ttrash Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Castlemaine had 180mm in the last 24 hours...!

We are in Maryborough today, looks to have cleared , currently light winds & quite pleasant

Anthony
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Current tempurature in Maryborough at the momment (12.30 pm) 17.2c and sunny with a light cloud cover. Very Happy
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Nth Western Sydney is bracing itself for Flooding of the Hawkesbury/Nepean rivers.
Sydney Water are about to let Warragamba Dam go. The Dam is currently at 89% and hasnt been let go since 1991.
All people in the flood basin have been notified to move everything to higher ground this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Sure had some rain in Sydney Gus, I cant figure that dam 89% full, they claimed 86% weeks back.
They must have already been letting it go. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm

warragamba dam was opened in 1997 from memory as i was there the afternoon it was done. Watched two maintenance workers disappear into a steel door on the floor of the road on top of the dam. About 20 minutes later a siren went off and then an announcement over outdoor PA that the main dam gate was being dropped down 3 feet and over the water tumbled. ( Just happened to be at the right place at the right time).

Lately the side vent gates have been opened at night to flush the Hawkesbury river out. This has been confirmed by locals living on the river and even the radio anouncer Ray Hadley mentioned it last week on the radio. Seems it is a little higher than sydney water likes.

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Greenwell2 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Just for the record re the above post from me....if it hadnt been for the sunscreen I would have been burnt to a crisp ....oh and I got 2 fish tongue
Greenwell2
Greenwell2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain Empty Re-Rain Rain And Rain

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 am

We got heeps here the creeks are flowing the dam is full and the bloody frogs won't shut up.

Cheers
Mike. Very Happy bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 am

Its been remarked that Warragamba Dam is full and on the ABC news early this morning comment was made that the dam may overflow with the recent heavy rains.

Wonder whether that will result in the flooding of parts of the Sydney Basin. Plans have been made by the SES and other emergency authorities to deal with mass evacuations of populations in the lower levels around Windsor and other low lying areas.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hassa Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 pm

up date 93 mm last night the place is like one big swamp and still rainin???? HASSA affraid affraid
hassa
hassa
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next