Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swinging in the rain....

3 posters

Go down

swinging in the rain.... Empty swinging in the rain....

Post  igotanewdectector Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

hi all,
just wondering, is there any benefit in beach detecting just when it's raining or just after, or does it make life harder ?
Thinking if i hit the beach in crappy weather at least i won't have 20 people stoping me to find out if i have found pirates treasure....

igotanewdectector
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

swinging in the rain.... Empty Re: swinging in the rain....

Post  Ash100456 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

G'day, I do a bit of beaching and to me detecting in the rain just aint fun for your detector unless it's fully waterproof or yourself ( each to their own ) Detecting just after rain is not a problem unless you detector cant operate in wet sand. After storms is always a good time to hit the beach as wind/wave action unearths all manner of goodies.
Using headphones helps cutting the number of inquizitive people wanting to stop & talk to you.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 am

I actually prefer detecting in rain due mainly to the fact that the rain keeps dick heads away plus target signals seem to be enhanced when the ground/sand is wet, especially when using a PI like the Infinium, Sea hunter, sand shark etc that operate around the 600 to 700 PPS mark. Higher PPS detectors tend to be a bit noisy over wet sand and grass depending on how well the coil is electrostatically sheilded.

Back to top Go down

swinging in the rain.... Empty lost me

Post  igotanewdectector Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 pm

you lost me at PPS.......

I am using a x-terra 705

Cheers

igotanewdectector
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 pm

I take it as pulses per second,associated with pulse Induction machines and not VLFs which is what the X Terra 705 is.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down