Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Battery

2 posters

Go down

Changing Battery Empty Changing Battery

Post  bravobrad Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:45 am

Hi, Would like to change battery on a GP extreme. Can anyone tell me the best way of removing the cap on the top without damaging the cap.

bravobrad
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Changing Battery Empty Re: Changing Battery

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 am

Hi Brad

I did it for a friend of mine. The top is only glued on so it is just a matter of taking your time and gently prising the sides of the plastic away from the battery with a small screwdriver and a sharp knife that cuts the glue.

When you have it off, you will need a small soldering iron and solder to connect the wires to the terminals unless you can buy some connectors for the wires then attach them.

It is a lot cheaper to buy an ordinary battery then attach the top. I attached it by putting tape around it and it works okay.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Changing Battery Empty Changing Battery

Post  bravobrad Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for replying. Yes Minelab for a battery will charge over $100. But at Battery World up the road they have a near enough battery for under $50.

I replaced a battery on my last detector and the amount of glue was insane. I chipped away at it for days to get it off. I was hoping to use some solvent of some sort.

So I'm of chipping again.

Thanks again,

Brad

bravobrad
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down