Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cue Tourist Park update.

+5
Jigalong
Detrackozi
Ash100456
krazycaptain
BradShell
9 posters

Go down

Cue Tourist Park update. Empty Cue Tourist Park update.

Post  BradShell Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Cue Tourist Park update....
It’s getting towards the time when thoughts turn to the upcoming detecting season, when caravans are given the once over service. 4wd’s checked and serviced Razz , Detectors given a bit of a polish up, and batteries charged. And then it’s just a matter of waiting for the break in the weather, to start the long drive West, North or in some cases South haha. It’s been a long hot Summer this year, but it has been very productive in Cue. For our regular visiting friends, you will be very pleased to see that the Old Ablution Block at the Tourist Park is no more, and let’s face it, no-one is sad to see the old girl gone, she was a shocker!
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012046
The new facility is coming along a treat and should be at lockup in the next week or two. This is a view of the new building from where the old Ablutions use to stand.
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012048
It also includes a huge under cover meeting area, for sharing stories at the end of a good day’s beeping, camp kitchen, recreation room, and laundry. As well as the beautiful new ensuite style bathrooms.
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012049
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012051
Earthworks on the new caravan sites have also almost been completed. Some may recognise Water Tank Hill in the background Smile
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012058
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012052
Brad and his team of workers have done a fantastic job pulling this project altogether, to help make Cue one of the go to places for prospecting.
Cue Tourist Park update. Caravanpark2012047
Well roll on the cooler weather, we are all itching to get back out into the bush, the count down is on.......

Ending on a sad note, this week we lost a town character, with the passing of Brian, our long term Park resident. He was a smiling face around town, and will be sadly missed. He was one of a kind. R.I.P. mate.
Shell
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Cue Tourist Park update. Empty Cue caravan park

Post  krazycaptain Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:44 am

Hey great to see that all the work that both you both you and your team said would be achieve has come to fruition.
Sorry to hear that a friend has past but he leaves fond memories for all to remember.
Yes the weather has been warm this summer and was just 43c here at Agnew yesterday. Looking forward to waving the wand after our fishing trip first at Monkey Mia then over to catch up with you in late March - April. Say hello to Dozer and the man with the blue flashing light.Hows the table tennis coming along??????
Catch up with you all soon
Cheers Captain and his wife.
krazycaptain
krazycaptain
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Cue Tourist Park update. Empty Re: Cue Tourist Park update.

Post  Ash100456 Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:47 am

Congrats Guys, Park is coming along real well & going to be a jewel in the Cue crown. Will be seeing ya some time this golding season.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm

looking good brad +shell.
teddy + bull will be there after old halls creek and broome .

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I hope someone put there detector over that site once it was cleared affraid
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BradShell Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey there Detrackozi, there is a new 250 man Mining Camp being established in town that has the locals drooling Laughing just near the town oval. Excavators, dozers and graders going hard at it for the last few days..... Can you just imagine the gold that is being shoved around up here? They have cut into a hill and smoothing it all over, sigh Sad ahh well you cant stop progress. I do wonder how many midnight visitors are having a little look cyclops .
Shell
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks Michelle,

I will be doing two GPA tours in the Murchison in June and I am spending a week based in Cue after that. I will stay at the park and try out those flash new dunnies.

Hope to see you and Braddles,

i5
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 am

Good to see the upgrade of Cue Caravanpark lovely little town to visit and area to detect.

Menzies has a recently upgraded caravan area as well.

And has anyone been to Sandstone lovely little town with a Fantastic rest stop and park and the Town takes alot of pride in the main street by looking after everything.

Also back to Cue anyone can have a picnic in the main street as the Rotunda is in the middle of the road. ( have a drink and sandwich and watch the world go by or take in the heritage of the old shops in the main street.) i love the little towns of inland western australia all worth a visit.

Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post  BradShell Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks everyone, it is a great old town. Very pretty and welcoming. Walga Rock is also a must see, on a cool winters day its a beautiful place for a picnic. Also the historical photo collection in the Old Gentlemans Club (now the Shire offices) is fantastic. There is still plenty of gold showing up, with some nice size nuggets and species being found this summer. (By the very enthusiastic cheers ) Our mornings are starting to cool off so detecting times are starting to have a bit more appeal, if you can get up with the sparrows, and be home again by mid morning.
Cheers everyone,
Shell
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11 am

Good to see the old set up has been disposed of. Last year at $22 per night for a third world set up was a bit much. Has anyone any idea what the charges will be now?

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  toadskin Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Great spot Cue. Nice story this and please keep the photos up Shell?

I believe Yalgoo Caravan Park was to get a new ablution block also. Anyone have any news/pics on that?
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Cue Tourist Park update. Empty Re-Cue tourist park up date

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi all have been to cue the last three years find it a very tidy and historical little town so keep up the great work and hope to call in this year. : Very Happy
Cheers
Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:57 am

Gday

Cue has always been a favorite town for me and I have been there many times over the years, staying at the park for a night every now and then for a shower and meal at the pub, the shower block was a bit average but was kept as clean as possible so a new one would be a bonus.

I have considered for some time buying a place in Cue, as I like the idea of being able to get on the postie bike and just head out of town for some detecting, without having to do a seven 7 hour drive first, you never know it might still happen.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  ShootingStars5 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Brad and Michelle

Great photos - thanks for posting.

Sadly I don't reckon we will get the chance to use the new facilities but sooo enjoyed our stays in Cue.

When I saw the all the plans etc that Brad had done before we left last year it was hard to imagine it all coming to fruition and how good it is all looking even now. Great job and well done!

Just shows how happy a lot of folks are about staying in Cue as they book from one year to the next!

Best of golden luck to you both for the coming season.
Cheers
Lyn
ShootingStars5
ShootingStars5
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  BradShell Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Lyn,
You know Sherri is broken hearted that you can't make it back this year. She absolutley loves your regular visits, and keeps me up on all of your news. Its great to hear your hubby is feeling a bit better, and I wish you both all the best.
The park is looking so great we are all very proud. I think it is going to be a nice change for the regulars. I had my first detect yesterday and went out with the little 8 inch coil on ( I normally use a 17 inch nugget finder) and found my first 2 bits for the year. So I am thrilled to bits. I have avoided using the small coil for some reason, but after talking to Sherri, I thought why not give it a go :-) She absolutly loves her little coil, Ron however laughs at the thought of such a little one Laughing
I think it may become my new favorite.
I think it will be a bit of a busy year for Cue which is great. Lets hope we all find some lovely gold,
Cheers Lyn its lovely to hear from you,
Michelle.
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  ShootingStars5 Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Michelle

Well done girl for your first nuggies for 2012. There will be many more for you.

Good on you for having a go with the little coil. I think Sherri probably hasn't used anything else since last year!! DeTrack Ozi got her to try his little coil until her new one arrived and she has had some great luck with it.

Glad Sherri keeps you up to date with the news. We couldn't have wished for a better place to stay than Cue. Like everyone says - the ablution blocks were tired and worn but the friendliness of all the folks not only in the caravan park but in the whole town far outweighed the downside. Guess it will really hit me in a couple of months time that we will not see everyone this year.

Our lives are so enriched by the folks we have met and made friends with during the 10 years we have been lucky enough to travel to WA. Wish we could carry on.

Keep up the good work. I guess Brad won't have a lot of time to get out detecting while he is so busy doing the fantastic job on the Caravan Park.

Best of luck
Lyn

ShootingStars5
ShootingStars5
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Michelle,
Is it neccessary (or possible) to book a powered site in the Park during June ?
Thanks,
Mike (i5)
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  BradShell Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Mike, I just spoke to Sherri and she said yes no problems. She is taking bookings now. So if you would like to phone them on (08) 99631107, they are happy to book you in.
Look forward to catching up again, good luck on your tour with Mark,
Michelle.
BradShell
BradShell
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot Michelle.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Lyn

Sherri still owe me a big kiss or half of the 10 oz's she has found with it Laughing Laughing Laughing Just have to make sure Ron is not about he to big for me Very Happy Very Happy He just might send out that project that he had with him that night we had tea , I can see it now out the back block having a nice Quite swing when in it comes buzzing all around me all day long swooping at me like a magpie supporter.

I say anyone who is just starting off should use the ML 8'' coil at less it will not take you long to find abit Smile Smile
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Cue Tourist Park update. Empty you still

Post  nuget21 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am

Guest wrote:looking good brad +shell.
teddy + bull will be there after old halls creek and broome .
you still carrying teddy around bull its been a long relationship there mate Laughing cheers ,mark
nuget21
nuget21
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down