Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes at Cue Tourist Park

5 posters

Go down

Changes at Cue Tourist Park Empty Changes at Cue Tourist Park

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 am

Hi All,

Going, Going, Gone

Changes at Cue Tourist Park Pb290122

The pre-historic ablution block at the Cue Tourist Park has "vacated the premises" and i shed a quiet tear of joy, the new ablutions are well on the way with new water and power supplies for the new sites, its a credit to all those concerned and should more reflect the ideals for the Shire of Cue

Regards Ron

Last edited by authere on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Changes at Cue Tourist Park Empty Re: Changes at Cue Tourist Park

Post  Ash100456 Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 am

Great spot Cue, Yes the Caravan Park upgrade was overdue. Usually stay there for a while each detecting season.Am looking forward to seeing the "NEW" additions & upgrades. Congrats to all concerned & the town.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tui65 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:35 am

Thats fantastic Ron, about bloody time. I just hope the rent is not going to go through the roof.

Regards
John
Tui65
Tui65
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi John,

I can't speak for the shire as such but i would imagine the pensioner rate will go up as there was a 50% discount in times gone by, so in my opinion it will reflect other parks in the same area and it is in the shires interest to keep them lower to attract more tourists to the town.

Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 pm

If the old toilets are gone, and the new ones are being built, it begs the question what are they using now? lol!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Tui65 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 pm

A big hello to Ron and Sheery,
I'm sure we'll be back in Cue some time, we were there for 7 weeks this year and loved the camaraderie around the fire, there was some great people there, and I'm sure most of them will be back.

Regards
John & Melva
Tui65
Tui65
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Changes at Cue Tourist Park Empty Re: Changes at Cue Tourist Park.

Post  sandy2010 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 pm

What a "den of iniquity" those ablutions blocks were........"THIRD WORLD STANDARDS" would be a compliment....how in the Hell could the Shire have left them standing all these years????????????????????
I was in the area last month and decided to call in and pay for a shower.......only to find a notice on the door saying "office closed today"........so I duly went to the Sire office to ask if I could pay for a shower ( they did'nt know the office was closed!)..........yes I was able to pay them $5.00 for a shower (the most I have paid in the past at other parks has been $3.00........So off I trotted to the "Block(s)......the first one, I did'nt know whether you were supposed to have a shower or vomit in it.......howver it was a necessity to have a shower so I Undressed with trepidation got in the cubicle with a door that did'nt lock.....so I went to the one along side and turned on the taps.......NO WATER......"@#^%$&*^%$@#" I muttered under my breath......so I dressed and trotted along to the along to other shower block........there was a sign on the main entry door to the block saying "lock it behind you" which means the second cubicle could not be used by others nor could the toilets!!!!!!!!(it was open plan)...HA
This time I tried the taps before getting undressed......no go..... (as anticipated)....so off I went to ask a local what was the staus-quo, he explained that there had been a burst pipe and the plumbers were fixing it.....DID ANYONE THINK OF PUTTING UP A SIGN ON EACH BLOCK SAYING "OUT OF ORDER" NO WAY MAN THAT'S WHAT SENSIBLE PEOPLE DO.
So off I drove back to camp...hot....sticky.....a wasted round trip with a crumpled receipt in my sweaty palm.
My wife tells me I complain too much.......

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

Hi Sandy 2010,

Tell your missus she is wrong about your complaining as you had every right to be a bit peeved, i personally wouldn't have used those showers in their present condition.

The park office is always closed on a wednesday as it is our part day off where we could spend some private time together, as to the overcharging for a shower that price is set by the shire and i shall mention it and they can review the pricing and it was set at $5.50

i'm sure that if you return next year your shower would be a different experience as each cubicle has its own toilet and hand basin just like an ensuite and there will be six to choose from

Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  shorty Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 am

You were right about the condition of the old ablution block Sandy, i was told it sold for $5000. yes you heard right $5000. We were there last week and spoke to one of the guys working on the upgrades, from what he described the new amenities are going to FIRST class with alfresco and campers kitchen. How is that vibration going in the cruiser Ron?.
Chris
shorty
shorty
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Shiraz,

The pensioner huts had a toilet block and as there is only 5 people on site using them it is quite adequate, the park is also closed until further notice.

Hi John and Melva,

Sherri remember's you's and we hope you do return next year to enjoy the new facilities

Today's an off day, but there is always a tomorrow,

Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:33 am

Hi Chris,

I found some slop in the rear tie rods and just recieved the new ones from Kalgoorlie(big blue castle) and shall fit in the next few days and hopefully that fixes the problem

Regards Ron

Hope that nuggy doesn't come from Cue!!!(another one i missed)

Back to top Go down

Post  shorty Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:39 am

No that is Sandstone GOLD. Good luck with fixing the ute. Enjoy your holiday.
Chris
shorty
shorty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Changes at Cue Tourist Park Empty Re: Changes at Cue Tourist Park.

Post  sandy2010 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Many thanks for your reply Ron..............I look forward to seeing the new block.....perhaps a "christening party" could be organised.....invitations posted on the forum.
The cost of a shower that I mentioned was only a throw-away line.....
I would like to make a suggestion re. design of hooks for hanging clothes in the cubicles ( to deter the "ferals" that gravitate to caravan parks and have a fetish for breaking every clothes-hook in sight):
Weld 4 or 5 steel rods 75mm long x 10mm diameter at 45 degrees on to a steel plate 500mm L x 50mm W x 6mm thick and Dynabolt them onto the wall......they will outlast the life of the ablution block.
Cheers.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi Chris,

Had a bit of luck in that replacing the tie rod ends fixed the problem, all four wheels now stay in contact with the road!!!!, and sure are looking forward to our holidays, catch a few crays, crabs and maybe head down to A bay in Esperance for a few weeks

Hi Sandy2010,

I take your "point",the grand opening sometime in march will keep all informed of progress and when the weather clears will post a few of the new works done so far

Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  shorty Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 am

authere wrote:Hi Chris,

Had a bit of luck in that replacing the tie rod ends fixed the problem, all four wheels now stay in contact with the road!!!!, and sure are looking forward to our holidays, catch a few crays, crabs and maybe head down to A bay in Esperance for a few weeks.

Awesome news Ron glad you got it sorted before your holiday starts.
Regards Chris
shorty
shorty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down