Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn Fridge!

+4
piston broke
waznme
musso
paulf
8 posters

Go down

Damn Fridge! Empty Damn Fridge!

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:46 pm

My pet hate! Summer time fridge adjustments to overcome not cold beer?
During the day everyone's opening and if your lucky shutting the fridge door within a short time frame? Oh whats in the fridge? Nothing on that shelf, what about that shelf, what's in that compartment? Meanwhile your cold booze ain't so cold, rickenrackensasulfrazlerickanrackin turn the fridge up to compensate, what happens next, Beer Slurpy's if your lucky to catch it in time! Well it means something to me, I don't like beer slurpy's!

Back to top Go down

Damn Fridge! Empty Re: Damn Fridge!

Post  paulf Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Got an ARB fridge, just set the temp and it will keep everything at that temp. I run it off a 90 a/h deep cycle fed with solar. Bit of money to purchase it but worth the price.

paulf
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  musso Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm

You need to get one of the old 1950's Kelvinators and bung it in your garage.
I've got one, and it's better than any other fridge by a long way. Everything is Antarctic cold all the time (just gotta deice the freezer bit a couple of times a year.)
musso
musso
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm talking about our house fridge. Good luck with yours Razz My house My rules, don't no how to put the fart noise into words/or/letters? They win, I'm screwed.
Put another tinny on the porch! Chill out man, I'll see how your going in an hours time. I feel better know cheers
1950's fridge I'll take that on board musso cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  waznme Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I got rid of my 3way fridge after a trip to Georgetown. Outside temp 38° fridge temp 10°

Now have a Waeco 110 litre and solar etc. Beer between 0° and 1°.

I am getting older by the day and appreciate my comforts.

Have Sat TV, wireless internet etc. No aircon which is a bit of a worry.

Must be gettin soft eh? Most travel is in Winter anyway.

Have a Diesel Heater as well Rolling Eyes

Apparently, ya only live once. Very Happy pirat

Waz

Oops. I see you were talking about your home fridge. So all I can suggest is an electric fence hooked to the door handle.

waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 pm

The answer to your problem Someday.cheers Pete/Damn Fridge! Vb_esk10
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Now thats a cool idea! nobody would think to look in a slab for a nice cold beer?? Razz cheers
I hope they make em bigger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 am

Here you go Someday,

Damn Fridge! Coldbeer

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 am

Thanks Peter. and sushi as well, too bad gold fish, your dinner, with a nice cold beer. Now that's what I'm talking. Actually a deep fry would be nice, Sushi and me never did hit it off!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 am

My next pet hate! You think it's time for bed, so you stop feeding the fridge. Then for some strange reason you get way laid and your back to stage F,n one.
No cold beer in the fridge, I hate that? Sad Smile cheers So it's warm Who cares. But you do need to be in the right frame of mind drunken
OK I'm cooked. I chooked the put on the garden, pissed the cat & told my wife I love her! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:36 am

Gday

I hear a solution to the not so cold beer problem is on its way, anyone seen those cans of hot chocolate that you can buy at servo's ? the ones that all you do is crack the can and it self heats, well a mate was telling me that some Japanese company was working on the same sort of thing with cans that cool themselves.

Now wouldnt that be something, being able to crack a tinnie straight out of the slab, that would free the fridge up for non essential items like food and that.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

So whats Japanese beer taste like? Very Happy I'm in!
Just checked it out, Awesome! Contents of can will cool down by 16.7 deg c in 3 minutes Very Happy So if you can keep your booze at around the 20 deg mark "YUM" cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:49 pm

who in there right mind is goin ta wait 3 minutes???????????????????
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Allright someday, you sound desperate....

Lead line 2 beer cosies.
Keep in freezer when not in use.
Only drink one beer at a time. Laughing

or have you got a drinking problem? 2 hands but only one mouth? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  evan2010 Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:21 am

someday wrote:My pet hate! Summer time fridge adjustments to overcome not cold beer?
During the day everyone's opening and if your lucky shutting the fridge door within a short time frame? Oh whats in the fridge? Nothing on that shelf, what about that shelf, what's in that compartment? Meanwhile your cold booze ain't so cold, rickenrackensasulfrazlerickanrackin turn the fridge up to compensate, what happens next, Beer Slurpy's if your lucky to catch it in time! Well it means something to me, I don't like beer slurpy's!

Gday Someday,
Im having a similiar problem here at home this summer, as Im having to share Valuable space in my Beer fridge Mad Shocked with all of the extra salads etc that wont fit in the inside fridge. The problem is that we just had a week of over 37C Temps and to get the beer down to a drinkable Temp (I cant stand warm p*ss!!), I kept turning the thermostat higher which inturn cooled the grog down nicely, But ended up freezing all of the bloody salads in the process!! Rolling Eyes Mad
This Certainly failed to impress the others that I live with so much so that they've put a limit as to how low a temp I can set the fridge at from now on,
Which will mean warm p*ss or making 20km trips into town for ice the next time we get a string of Hot Days. Crying or Very sad
Cheers Evan
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:40 am

evan2010 wrote:
someday wrote:My pet hate! Summer time fridge adjustments to overcome not cold beer?

Gday Someday,
Im having a similiar problem here at home this summer, as Im having to share Valuable space in my Beer fridge Mad Shocked with all of the extra salads etc that wont fit in the inside fridge. The problem is that we just had a week of over 37C Temps and to get the beer down to a drinkable Temp (I cant stand warm p*ss!!), I kept turning the thermostat higher which inturn cooled the grog down nicely, But ended up freezing all of the bloody salads in the process!! Rolling Eyes Mad
This Certainly failed to impress the others that I live with so much so that they've put a limit as to how low a temp I can set the fridge at from now on,
Which will mean warm p*ss or making 20km trips into town for ice the next time we get a string of Hot Days. Crying or Very sad
Cheers Evan

Gday Evan

Sounds exactly they way its been at my place for the last couple of weeks too, but I found a solution to that, stashed my beer in the engel in the troopie, that way I can have it any temp I like and dont have to worry about it being contaminated by the girly boutique beers belonging to the boys, they reckon that my fave beer emu draft, would even be knocked back by abbos Laughing, at least they dont steal it when theirs runs out Laughing

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one having problems ha ha! Razz
My method is to put 2? cans in the freezer about 3/4 of an hour before beer o'clock, Then starts the rotation proses, one for me, one in the fridge , two in the freezer, second one out of the fridge, the 2 in the freezer go into the fridge, 2 more back in the freezer! Works pretty good Hick. Can have it's pit falls!

The 3 minute self chilling can idea has merits when you know your going to be a long way from the car. Very Happy Oh your supposed to drink water, I'm sorry!

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddog Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm

hi there i just restored a 80 jayco potop i bought a second hand fridge which works. well before i go camping i use the 240 v to cool it down while freezing bottles off water then after they are frozen i put them in the door slots then while im traveling i use a 12 v system when i get there i use the gas. It seem to run grate i do own a waco 110 liter fridge freezer and love it heaps its 12 v 240v solo panel also but it to big to carry in and out of my pop top especially when its full of food and Beverages ( beer) hope this helps

Cheers Manny
Maddog
Maddog
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down