Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what idiot detects in the damn snow???

+7
bessina
Pickman
chopppacalamari
MS
nero_design
gollstar
GoldstalkerGPX
11 posters

Go down

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? Empty what idiot detects in the damn snow???

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:09 pm

ummm.....we do! Very Happy
16th of October, Spring and it snowed at HillEnd!

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? 002-2

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? 001-3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-uk0phDgto

Still some good gold was found which took the chill off

5.7gr
what idiot detects in the damn snow??? 008-4

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? 013-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rixk8xi-vOo

Once again John, it was another brilliant weekend camping with you...thanks!
Was also great to meet up again and swap some stories around the campfire with Tributer & Deb, Narrawa & Rainbow, Mark & June, John & Pauline and thier son who's name escapes me sorry

Back to top Go down

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? Empty Re: what idiot detects in the damn snow???

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Nice piece, would've been a chilling experience. Very Happy
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? Empty Re: what idiot detects in the damn snow???

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Goodness me rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 pm

yer damn good weekend away, got a few small ones for just under 3g.
One of the wildest weather weekends Ive seen for a while, torrential rain Friday and all that night with trees dropping left right and center (one missing my camper by 3 meters). Wake up to bloody snow howling wind, the sky would part for 3 mins and then just cloud straight over again.
We bite the bullet and went out on the bikes, as it was only snow and small hail we didn't get wet as it just fell off the jackets etc.
You just have to wonder sometimes why ?????? O well.
That 5 grammer should have been mine and would have, if Tributer hadn't pulled up to say Gday was only 1 meter away(chasing a grd noise) from it Grrrrrr Smile .
But well MT damn nice find.
Was also great to meet up again and swap some stories around the campfire with Tributer & Deb, Narrawa & Rainbow, Mark & June, John & Pauline and thier son who's name escapes me sorry
Ditto here to that, shame Tributer and Deb had to leave early.
Until next time
Cheers
John

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah you gotta look out for that global warming its been stinking hot in Victoria the last few days particularly the Ballarat area.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:50 pm

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? Original

It gets chilly at Sunny Corner too!

Dude, you guys look so miserable in the cold. Why did you do that?
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm

nero_design wrote:

Dude, you guys look so miserable in the cold. Why did you do that?
we do?? you got that from the back of Johns head while he's looking at the fire?
Far from it...we had a ball and we do it because we enjoy camping and each others company no matter the weather..the gold we find is just a small bonus from being out there

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey Steve
The effort you guys are putting in { detecting at night, flooding and now in the snow} your sure deserve to nail a big lump soon, not to say the nuggets your pulling now aren't good gold. The extreme weather does however make you appreciate what the old timers had to contend with at times.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Mark...thanks!
John actually mentioned that this weekend while we were under the tarp nice and warm by the fire drinking coffee with our campers to crawl into if we wanted.
The old timers must have done it disgustingly hard, most with what they could carry in a wheel barrow or cart...it usually didn't include a cosy camper and enough warm bedding to melt and iceburg

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Hopefully this picture doesn't offend anyone, but I can just picture MT running around in the middle of the night knee deep in snow.......... lol!

what idiot detects in the damn snow??? Image001
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 pm

deeply offends me!! I need a much larger beenie!

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:11 am

LOL Crazy bunch.

Great pics and great gold well done fellas' Wish I was there.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pickman Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:20 am

Haha, classic.
Dad was mad keen to get out there (HE/Tamb.) early Saturday and detect SaturDAY, camp Saturday night and detect all day Sunday then head home. I was saying eff that, (was watching BoM website) they say its gonna snow at Orange, so it'll prolly snow at HE. Guess I was right lol.
Ended up just daytripping it on Sunday.

freshwater wrote: torrential rain Friday and all that night with trees dropping left right and center (one missing my camper by 3 meters).

We had an interesting tree moment on Sunday. While digging a .22 shell out of a hole (or was it a button?) a tree, about where we had walked past five minutes before, just crashed over. It was an old dead and rotten gum tree, decent size, and made a lot of noise. I live in/next to a national park, so I've seen/heard plenty of trees go over during wind etc, but this was just weird as it was totally silent apart from this tree crashing down, and there was next to no wind.

Pickman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  bessina Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:51 am

There are only two words for it " Global Cooling"
cheers
Lucy

bessina
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  spidertice Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 am

haha,, good on ya, im jealous Shocked Cool
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  CHnColorado Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi
No worries Mate. Laughing We do it all the time here in the States. Check this out. http://www.gerrysdetectors.com/snow.asp This isn't me but been there and done that. We are having snow tonight in the high country.
Keep'er Swinging
CH
CHnColorado
CHnColorado
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 pm

I think this when I look at alaska, how could anyone put up with gold digging in a freezer.

Heat and flies in the desert is controllable ..... but cold is far worse than heat.
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am

agreed Birdman.... heat, dust and flies anytime compared to snow, wet and freezing. No
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down