Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuggetfinder/Nuggettech

2 posters

Go down

Nuggetfinder/Nuggettech Empty Nuggetfinder/Nuggettech

Post  waznme Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:38 pm

G'Day

I intend getting a 5000 fairly soon. The few detectorists I have spoken to all recommended Nuggetfinder coils.

I have also seen Nuggettech coils on the net. Have not heard any reports on them. Are they any good? Are they one and the same?

Should I talk to more people first?? Pity there is so many to choose from in a way. Rolling Eyes

I have in mind a 14" X 9" Nuggetfinder. Seems to be a popular choice.

Waz

waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Nuggetfinder/Nuggettech Empty Re: Nuggetfinder/Nuggettech

Post  deutran Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Waz
The 5000 comes with an 11"mono which will give great results for your settling in period.You could leave the purchase of another coil until later down the track.The 14"x9" ellipticals from Nugget finder and Coiltek(Blitz coil) use litz wire and are light weight and an excellent match to the 5000.They are general purpose all round coils easy to manoever in scrub and easy to pinpoint.JP did a post on the Blitz coil with good results particularly on wet clay areas.
There are 3 posts up on the Nuggetech coils just type <Nuggetech> in the search for posts on people that have used these.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down