Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

few things about the mozzy

+13
All-AU
Acrux93
Inhere
Nebuchadnezzar
flyspecks
shicer
detectoraid
goldslugger
Queenslander
mariner3800
richter-scale
The Modern Day Prospector
nero_design
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

few things about the mozzy - Page 2 Empty Re: few things about the mozzy

Post  Acrux93 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

My wife may be critical of another womans shoes... but i've always though it a little odd when a bloke critisizes another blokes choice of shoes.
Acrux93
Acrux93
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  All-AU Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:34 pm

G'day

I strongly suggest it’s individual choice on what kind of gear and equipment one is considering to fit his needs and he is willing to carry with him. I rather would concern if it was less the minimum requires for your own safety.

Nero, I have seen many pictures here you’ve taken but I must say the knives on the book are perfect in the temperature of the colors, sharpness and the balance of object arrangement. Almost perfect and a shame the corner of the book and handle of the knife are in a cut.
But I enjoyed this picture very much for his high quality.

Cheers
ALL-Au
All-AU
All-AU
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm

all i can say is only
live and let live - but don't leave
there's bigger
worries in the world than who's wearing
what gear. I am rather a minimalist when
it comes to accessories but also due to the
fact that I prospect local. For folks a bit more
adventurous in therms of having to plan trips and
trying to make the most of it, one got to be
prepared to a certain extent, also depending on
accessability of area with your car.
so keep up the good work nero and don't get tangled up!! Smile)
and for the admin, maybe try with a poll next time Smile?
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:01 pm

All-AU wrote:G'day
... Almost perfect and a shame the corner of the book and handle of the knife are in a cut.
But I enjoyed this picture very much for his high quality....

That picture was shot on an old antique store desk after closing at midday with just a trickle of natural light... External flash was used and the camera (Canon Powershot G11) was placed on a tripod to allow for some of the natural light to be used. Flash was bounced off the ceiling. I used a handheld foil reflector to help to throw a reflection on the edge of the blades.

If your internet browser or monitor is small, the image is automatically cropped on the forum by default for some reason. If ever I post a larger image it seems to get cropped although the whole image is still there... just partially hidden. But if you drag your browser wider or if you drag the image to the desktop, you should see the full image as the knife and handle wasn't cropped. You are welcome to the slightly larger full size 1024 pixel wide image here: www.pbase.com/image/121487518/original.jpg

Re: the negative comments by that original poster, I did see what he had said and it was a pretty full-on aggro spat. I think I know who it was. Not everyone appreciates what I wear apparently. If some idiot shoots me out in the bush I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation here on the actual cause. I would have thought there would be more hatred for the insanely bright Hawaiian made Aloha Shirts I'd previously been wearing for the last 15 years.

Back onto the subject of electronic Mosquito repellent: I did find this image online... might be a great alternative: Can you believe that it's solar powered?!

few things about the mozzy - Page 2 Gby1404_seg4_mosquitogadget_lg
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

few things about the mozzy - Page 2 Empty Few things about the mozzie.

Post  Hoof Hearted Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Nero.
Mate love the new bits of kit, especially the knee pads!!! Where/who do we get em from??? My old ones are RS so I'm definitely in the market for new ones... Love the fots, I'm still trying to work out how to post them, any advice appreciated.

As for the bloke that was giving you a bit of stick, your inimitable style took care of him!!! Well done.

Cheers. HH.
Hoof Hearted
Hoof Hearted
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:28 am

this was a video i done on how to post pix on the forum
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t4882-easy-way-of-posting-pictures-on-the-forum
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 am

Yes I agree. Seems like some idiots on here seem to enjoy pulling the p@ss out of people. Nero posted a reply to Stoppsy in regard to mosquito's and the way we can rid ourselves oif these little buggers. Now, I have always found Nero's threads very intresting and in all honesty, the bloke puts a lot of work into his posts adding pictures etc. This forum would be alot worse off without people like Nero taking the time and effort to inform people.
I had never heard of these mosquito devices and will check them out as I get eaten alive by them.
I do have a mosquito upload on my Nokia N9 and it works a treat, though I would not use it out prospecting as the frequency from the phone would prob interfere with the detector.
Keep up the good posts Nero, there are alot of us who appreciate them
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

few things about the mozzy - Page 2 Empty Photo Q

Post  Hoof Hearted Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 am

stoppsy wrote:this was a video i done on how to post pix on the forum
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t4882-easy-way-of-posting-pictures-on-the-forum
cheers
stoppsy

Thanks "stoppsy"... It would appear I was following the correct procedure but wasn't allowing enough time for my poor old lappie to get it's brain around it all... I would get the tom tits and pull the plug in frustration... What was that old jungle saying??? Patients my a#@%e... "I'm gunna kill some B@#TARD".

Cheers. HH.
Hoof Hearted
Hoof Hearted
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

few things about the mozzy - Page 2 Empty metal

Post  dave1963 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm

way to much metal,the only thing missing is handgun.
cheers dave
dave1963
dave1963
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2