Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my take on things

+6
granite2
GPZhunter
Kon61gold
Martin R
adrian ss
yellowmellow
10 posters

Go down

my take on things Empty my take on things

Post  yellowmellow Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 am

well climate change is just another word for weather basically I feel the weather is not so much more hotter or warmer but more of a case of too much rain fall and not enough in another its also getting more windy more so on or near the coast and even in the bays like port Philip bay in melb. not a day goes by that theres some sort of a strong wind warning must be hell for those fishing charter companies as they can not go out if theres such a warning. Also the season are getting later and later march is really now a late summer april an early autum and winter does not really kick in until say mid july December is a late spring and jan is early summer and so on and so forth.

That's my say on this climate change thing thing and the water levels have stayed the same too. Ice burgs are shinking because they are made of ice which naturally melt any way.

Another observation is that the air quality in the big aust cities Sydney melb and alike is cleaner too I can remember in the 1980's smog every where when cars were mostly running on super petrol. Now theres more better environmental friendly fuels around due to research.

As in energy stick to the source that you can trust which is coal and better still nuclear power I don't think wind mills solar can cut it and also the population is growing far too quick in particular melb and also Sydney melb is the fastest growing city in aust easy and its a spraw.

As for the election who gives a ….. well I wont say

have a good day
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

my take on things Empty Re: my take on things

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 am

Looking back to when I was a child in Warrnambool where it is windy all of the time, I do not think that the climate has changed since then.
     I agree that Melbourne had some serious smog problems back in the 70s and 80s due to inversion layers preventing the pollution from rising and clearing out to sea. I can recall the air being almost green over Melbourne.
      There does not seem to be as many inversion layers forming there now, but I reckon the pollution levels are still the same but are not as noticeable because of the lack of these inversion layers in the atmosphere..

As for the polar ice caps, well they have been melting for thousands of years since the beginning of the ending of the last ice age. The ice is still melting because the last ice age has not ended yet and the ice will continue to melt for approx another 4000 years. It is my belief that the ice caps and magnetic poles will reform elsewhere and that the global climates will become much warmer in some areas and much colder in others. Remember that Australian inland was covered in ice sheets 20,000 years ago and other regions of Australia were at the bottom of the ocean and this will happen again and it has nothing to do with man made pollution. I have found plenty of sea shells in the hills around Wangaratta Vic.

I agree that the best solution to our energy problems are Nuclear and hydro electric power.  Wind and solar are extremely inefficient and expensive and cannot be depended on to supply continuous electricity across Australia. Can you imagine the disaster if a large bank of Tesla Lithium-Ion batteries ever caught fire.
and if our population continues to grow due to over immigration then this country will be in a mess.
There is not enough water to keep us going as it is already and our hospitals are already struggling to cope with our current population level; How much worse if the population is allowed to rise to 40 million or even 60 million as suggested by some dip sticks.

The only sure way to keep Australia prosperous and even once again self supporting, is to maintain an economically viable population level rather than continue to increase growth to an unsustainable level.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:17 am

My take on climate change
Well,,, I remember quite well back in Germany in 1974 we got sent home from school when it reached 24'C some 40 years later Germany regularly gets mid 30's these days
Warming call it whatever something has changed just look whats happening to the North pole since my Family have called Australia Home back in 75 the North Pole has moved 2160km's towards Russia
https://www.sciencealert.com/navigation-systems-finally-caught-up-with-the-mysteriously-north-pole-shift

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Hey Martin, are you saying Santa has had to move 2160kms Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Nah Dave
It means that Rudolf has become a Cossack santa

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 am

The bottom line will be that there is a tipping point.A point where what we are doing to this planet is irreversible.Unfortunately for us as a species we wont be advanced enough to leave.
Theres a cheerie thought
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Population growth, mans insatiable thirst to consume & posses more & more will eventually consume the consumer. We've lost more wildlife species in the last 200 years, than in the last 20 thousand years.
The polar Ice caps of the Arctic are melting & melting at a dramatic rate. The seas are rising & to think I was worried more about a nuclear war or comet encounter with the earth, within the next 15 years.  Shocked  Maybe its part of evolution, or mans destiny, either way, change is inevitable, is happening & it will come & if the powers in charge of running this earth, don't come up or figure something out & soon, nature's forces/powers will & with not so pleasant consequences.
Anyways fellas, hows the gold side going? Anyone found anything worth talking about before the major destruction takes place? What a Face T31 Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 am

Kon
Found a 1937 Bugatti at 9 inches in my back yard.Its on an old gold run that heads towards Timor Creek. Unfortunately its made by hot wheels Malaysia.Back to the drawing board
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

Shocked Q25 Q35 Q28  Good one Dig

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Its hard to see the trees through the forest?
Lots of Miss information reported by Climate Change promoters distorted from real scientific data?
Point they are trying is to scare and control the masses.

There has been a 1 to 1.4 Deg C rise in temp over the last century, sea levels are rising at 1.00 mm / year.
Though Climate change alarmists paint a very different picture?

In scientific research stable data points are often used to confirm or deny shifting trends away from whats considered normal?
Australia has never had stable weather patterns, its a land of droughts, fire, floods and what ever occurs.

Amazing how many people state climate change is behind every weather event that occurs these days, yet extreme events occurred in the past?

The real question is how much is the weather changing by man made influence compared to natural cycles, and how much is the government going to charge on fuel use or enforcing emission changing behaviours?
If Australia is responsible for around 1% of global emissions why do we have to pay a higher price? Population Growth in Australia is increasing our emissions though our emissions per head are coming down.
So they perhaps force us into EVs which require electrical energy to re charge that most likely comes from so called evil coal burning power stations!

Video's and photos of Glaciers retreating and ice melting are filmed at late summer, coral bleaching occurs mainly due to sediment run off from farm paddocks on land close to the GBR. But stories and facts are distorted.
Dick Smith for PM. low population growth for Australia.

When i walked to Primary school in the 1970s there were maybe 3-4 frosts per year? Live in the same district and for 8 weeks per year i get 3-4 frosts per week? Warming you say? At the end of each month the weather girl states that every month has been warmer with new records set, though plenty of months have been colder than what i ever remember.

In North America the season changes on the 21st, so Winter starts 21st December, we go by Calendar and often its cold early December or HOT in late March.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:33 am

Climate change doesnt cut it with me for one reason.It should be called Planet Change.As an ex Information officer for the weather bureau most people look at weather and get upset if it rained on the wrong side of the street and ruined their barby.The question is how many people can we have on this planet that can lead a middle class life.Thats what everyone on the planet aspires to as a minimum.The answer is basic.To do that with the current population you need the resources of 2 1/2 earths.
This planet will degrade because of that very reason.
Unfortunately for us greedy not smart people run the world.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:31 pm

If we are to take a look at the very basic problem causing all others it is the population explosion. If we cannot cut back on the world's population huge increase every year then the planet is doomed. We are like a virus that expands so fast and so prolifically that we eventually kill our host.

World population stands at about 7.5 billion at the moment and will double over the next 40 years but no one seems concerned about this. Can anyone even imagine the amount of mining alone that will be required to build enough infrastructure to cater for this huge increase in numbers. And if you are worried about carbon emissions, which I am not, think about a Sydney that has a population of 12 million, the number many people are arguing will be a good thing.

And when people argue that a population of 12 million is a good thing do they think the population is going to stop at 12 million? Of course it isn't. We weren't supposed to get to 25 million for another forty years but here we are.

Population growth is what drives everything on our planet but if we can bring most of the
3rd world into a middle class then we find that the middle class, due to education and cultural aspiration breed fewer people.

But do we have time when we have the Greens and Labour wanting to prevent places like India from going forward by preventing them have the best coal with the lowest emissions on earth? Or preventing us from having Nuclear or preventing more dams to be built to provide water for more people and clean hydro power.

Contrary to popular belief nuclear power plants can now be built far cheaper than before if you stick to smaller modular plants. Small modular nuclear power plants that use little or no cooling water are now a reality and they have very little waste as well. Being modular they can be built far quicker and far cheaper than previous models that can take decades and many billions to build as they are all the same.

But while we don't demand our governments get on and do the right thing they will forever procrastinate in the pursuit of votes. The first party to take the nuclear initiative will get my vote but I'm sure it will still take years before the Greens and Labour could be led bleating and screaming to the nuclear initiative.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:48 pm

And while we're at get rid of  all the gods, fighting over them causes more suffering than their worth.If youre unsure about this listen to Hitchens ,Dawkins or Fry on youtube.
Cheers Dig

Last edited by Dig24crt on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

my take on things Empty RE: MY TAKE ON THINGS

Post  dundiggin Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 pm

All the posts on a troubled planet never mentioned the effect that cattle have on atmospheric pollution with their breaking wind (farting). Scientists are now busily endeavouring to produce stock feed that alleviates the problem which is quite severe.. Should the VEGENS get their way no beef will be slaughtered which means there will be an almighty blowout in cattle numbers(due to no effective bovine birth control) then causing immeasurable pollution with their rear end expulsions.. Humans may then need to wear air purifying masks to survive... Or learn to hold their breath for extremely long periods of time.
Let the world go its crazy way,,, just keep on finding the yellow... Sleep Sleep

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 pm

I dunno what happens to my posts... But this latest one has also been shunted off somewhere... I'm starting to feel very negative. dundiggin..

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:07 am

Dundiggin, if your posts are somehow going astray, I can assure you it is not through the efforts of management. It could be through the fault of something else, which leads your posts to go AWOL.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:52 am

Hi Kon,, Thank you for your reassurance.. I would not blame management for posts going astray or bits being left out of the original post.. I find it somewhat perplexing that when I sent it last night it came up very, very shortened and yet this morning a bit more has come to light Question Question ..

Recent revelations on atmospheric pollution has revealed that stock,( beef cattle) by their constant and volumous farting and thus polluting the atmosphere is on a par with car exhaust emissions. Consequently scientists are hard at it to develop stock feed that reduces foul air production.. Of course, the vegans with their naïve beliefs would have no slaughtering of beef, which means there could be an exponential increase in beef with volumous foul expulsions, unless bovine birth control was practiced as well as a morning after pill... If that all fails, all people including Vegans may have to wear air cleaning masks or learn to hold their breath for very long periods of time!!!
These things worry many people... I prefer to let others be concerned with that, I just want to find some yellow as do many others... Razz Razz . dundiggin.

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 am

Hi dundiggin,

You may have the wrong end of the cow.

https://www.greenbiz.com/article/gassy-cows-facts-about-beefs-carbon-emissions-sponsored

Don't think we will have to worry about wearing gas masks.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Howdy Rockhunter and thanks for the video which is a little more informative than the TV programme seen on National.. Since being raised with cows (not in the same paddock) my ambition is to keep the fillet coming on my plate and some gold to pay for it.... Dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:32 pm

When ever I talked gloom and doom my old mum used to say "oh happy days are here again"
There's a thing called the methane trigger, which might cause some problems with us homo sapiens, might also include the odd Neanderthal Laughing
Plus I liken us to the old rabbits in a paddock scenario, start of with 2 then we breed so much we die out due to lack of tucker.
and thirdly, "oh happy days" the littlest thing on the planet will wipe us out, the odd little anti biotic resistant bugs and nasty Ebola type bugleys Shocked
That's my take.

cheers and happy days, moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:08 pm

So while we are worrying about global warming and whether our electricity bills are going up or down and trying to figure out how to populate the universe, there are thousands of life forms/kinds on this planet that go about their lives living and adapting to circumstances, that do not even know we exist. They do not need ships boats planes and trains and eskies or sowing machines and they survive quite well not knowing about gods and prophets and crap like that.
    But we on the other hand who seem to need all kinds of un natural things in order to have any chance of continued survival because of our inability to evolve and adapt our bodies to the environmental conditions of the earth and as we become more and more dependant on all of the trappings that we have surrounded ourselves with we have began to de evolve.. How many of us think they could survive if they suddenly found themselves lost in the desert or a rainforest, afloat in the middle of the ocean or out on the polar ice caps with nothing but what we were born with? Not many I feel; but there are plenty of supposedly dumb animals and insects that handle those conditions with ease because of their ability to adapt to environmental changes while we have not changed much at all during the past 250.000 years. The learning ability of a neanderthal or cro magnon man was about the same as ours today. We have acquired more knowledge but that has nothing to do with evolution, it is simply a result of time spent thinking and questioning.

We will have to adapt to the coming natural climate changes or the earth and nature will eliminate us.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am

Everything we do on a massive industrial scale has a flow on effect.There nothing NATURAL about it.If affects everthing on the planet.More people more customers more profit.We are not part of nature, we are its direct enemy.As Jim ( granite) said there talking of Sydney with a population of 12 million.In China , India and Africa they will want the standard of living we have.Nothing can stay natural with the population thats already exists.Politicians arent long term thinkers.Adapt , adapt to what , wars over water, famine and massive migration shifts.There is nothing NATURAL going on here.I don't know what it is.It may be a shark swimming out there that has it fins cut off and sinks to the bottom, or perhaps its a krill oil tablet that causes a whale to starve.A point will be reached that we can't recover from.We are not gods, we are stand up monkeys on a rock hurtling thru a cosmic shooting gallery.Ill give the Dinosaurs a 10 for being natural.We wont make it onto the scoreboard. We dont look after ALL our fellow species and by doing that were doomed to failure
Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 am

For several hundred million years a great many animals ruled this earth during times of massive upheaval, volcanic eruptions, floods and tsunamis, asteroid impacts, long before we existed. The dinosaurs being the apparent dominant species. They and many other species survived 300,million years of atmospheric pollution on a grand scale the likes of which we will never encounter. We think the earth and its creatures are here for us to use as we see fit (according to the bible}. What a joke that is; the biggest con of all time. We are the most physically weak and brain dead creatures of all. So brain dead that our brains have lost the ability to create DNA changes that allowed us to adapt to environmental changes and that once gave us the ability to for-see danger that threatened our life. It is this threat to daily life that enabled us and all other creatures to evolve which resulted in the ability to alter our own DNA (unconsciously) in such a way as to enable us to defend ourselves against the environment and other life threatening circumstances.
    We will not last 300 million years, that is for certain. We will be lucky to last another 10,000 years.

So we overpopulate and pollute the earth, then what!?......Oh yeah that's right , lets go to Mars and set up a colony there.....Can you hear me laughing?
  Like; How long do you reckon we will last there aye??  No atmosphere to speak of, ground that will not support plant growth, buckets of cosmic radiation, bloody cold, radioactive water.

There is no place like home...Well for the next 10.000 years or so and then, if we keep to our current path it's Hasta Lavista Baby
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:30 pm

There sure has been some wayout thinking put to posts ,, what with trinkets of evolutuion, science fiction characters, denigration of our sure-fire guide to life- the bible,, being lost in a forest-- where will it all end????? But I will say this;- I always wear my faithful wrist watch and should I lose direction I would remove my watch and throw it as far as possible because it will always go west!!! The other compass points would now be evident... Oh well, I've got to find more gold to buy my fillet steak harvested from slaughtered cows before the Vegans close it all down.. geek geek

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi Adrian, I must agree with your description of modern man as being "brain dead". They couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag but willing to put on pedestrels and put their trust in someone imperfect, prone to mistakes, beset with greed, power and lust... Now for my fillet of steak!!!

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 am

You blokes know me by now and you know that my Off Beat posts do not necessarily represent my beliefs .I like to put a different slant on things just to present a different point of view...After all, things are not always what they appear to be.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Here in Vietnam, a country choking to death on plastics, the highest temperature ever recorded has just occurred in the mid north . Make of this what you will.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down