Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty

2 posters

Go down

GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty Empty GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty

Post  goldhog22 Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi All,
Have had my 4500 for 14 months and it works like a dream, Been going over a lot of old workings and have done well..The last few months the batt. has started to drop off a little. From March to now it went from 10 hours down to 2 hours before the beep beep started.. Did all the checks ,charging was right ect.. Rang minelab only to find out the batt. only has 6 months warranty on it. That left me a little bit flat..smile.. But if it was a $ 90 car batt from Kmart I could get 12.months or better. Not good minelab a $440 odd batt. and 6 months .. Im now useing a converted luck lark that is 2-3 years old and still going strong...And to think I nealy sold it after selling the 3500.. Thanks Nightjar ..I converted it to the 4500 lucky or what....Im not complaining just letting others know how it is...Bob

goldhog22
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty Empty Re: GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty

Post  Inhere Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Yeah goldhog22 , 6 months is a joke!
The Lucky Lark is the 1 I would buy to replace the Minelab one.
Silly thing is, the batteries inside are the same in both, But the LL seems to have no problems?????
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

GPX4500 - Minelab Battery Warranty Empty Minelab batt. Warranty

Post  goldhog22 Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Yes Inhere its not the best..I did a test on my batt, and found 6 out of the 8 cells were stuffed. 2 had no volts on them. 4 were 3.47. only 2 had the 4.2 that they would have to have to be fullly charged. I used my swallow charger to do the test..I did buy a new batt. from FindersKeeper in Kal. They were haveing a 10% off sale 380 posted is better than 440 + postage...Smile.. all is well now..the lucky lark is a very good batt...Bob

goldhog22
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down