Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New coil joins the family

2 posters

Go down

New coil joins the family Empty New coil joins the family

Post  Goldbait Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Well today i purchased a NF Sadie 8x6 coil.

Purchased from Nuggets from Down Under like all my other gear.

Ordered over the phone. Guy i spoke to (sorry i can't remember your name) was really polite, helpful and friendly.

Said Kim was over at Laverton looking after the store. This store is going off at the moment and they need an extra hand.

Thanks again NFDU.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

New coil joins the family Empty Re: New coil joins the family

Post  kon61 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Goldfbait, In my opinion,the Sadie by Nugget Finder,coupled to any of the GPX series detectors,is one of the best small coils,i've ever encountered for sub grammers at depth. I'm sure your in for a few surprises.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am

hey kon
i`m asking this because i`ve never used a sadie
is it a better performer than the commander 8"?
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 pm

G'day Phoenix.

Dave,it is of my opinion that after testing the Sadie (being of elliptical shape) I found it gives a more sharper,concise signal than the 8 inch Commander on Nuggets of less than 0.5g and below in weight,within the 2 to 5 inch mark.As some others have previously stated on performance,my prospecting partners and I found it an exceptional small coil to use when combined with the GPX series machines,finding what I can only describe as panning material (0.02 to 0.08 from the surface to the 2 inch mark depth).Its a coil that maintains good stability over hot ground and for its size,provides exceptional depth not only on the tiny stuff nearer the surface,but also on larger pieces of gold at very good depth.Its more than on par with the 8 inch Commander on fly specs at shallow depths.The Commander 8 inch mono will give you slightly better depth on gold the size of a five cent coin or should I say above 5 gms in weight(everything else being equal) but this is not the reason why we use these small coils.Their main purpose for their use is not to determine which one will go slightly deeper than the other on larger bits of gold,but which of these small coils will pick up the tinier stuff that the other small coils can't or don't.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:19 pm

thanks for that kon Very Happy
dave

Back to top Go down