Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2

2 posters

Go down

Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2  Empty Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2

Post  Bullet Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Some short clips of the ground we walked over with a bit of whingeing from yours truly. The fridge was a great find and full of the good stuff.

Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2  Empty Re: Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2

Post  piston broke Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Bullet, thanks for the videos. Just wondering if there were any hilly areas or creeks nearby. By the way, that is nice looking ground. cheers Pete
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2  Empty Re: Laverton trip.....done and dusted Part 2

Post  Bullet Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm

G'day
yes there were some creeks and a few low ridges. Had a go at the creeks and the ridges, lot of ironstone and hard ground and I mean hard ground. Really needed a full size pick for some of it. found some quartz outcrops just poking their heads out of the ground, gave them a going over and still found nothing. I should go back there after the rain, I think it would be easier and maybe have better luck.
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Mate,was there any indication that the area had been worked in the past? (dry blowings, detector holes, scrapes)
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 pm

there were no old workings, which surprised me a lot. Detectorist scrapings yes, but not many. I did wonder why considering the ground.
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 am

see you got the vids up... good vids mate it just shows what the grounds are like...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down