Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laverton W A

3 posters

Go down

Laverton W A Empty Laverton W A

Post  adaduam Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm

I have to say that I have been living in LAVERTON W.A. for quite some time. The Caravan park here is rather basic, but there is some electricity & Water, AND it is being refurbished now.
Also the "Park OFFICE" is also our grocer,Post office, and HARDWARE store!(Sorry, NO bunnings, Woolies, Coles etc!) Though the servo does sell Milk & Bread sometimes!
Of Course the Bread is Frozen & you don't get a choice of brands or types etc. Oh yes there was a tin shed as a Supermarket But that hasn't opened up again since the floods
way back when. (Kalgoorlie is only 300 + Kilometres away if you want to go to Woolies/Bunnings etc!) But if you are serious about wanting to find gold then you need to go to where IT is!
Most of the residents here are using Minelab detectors, and indeed there are smiles on a lot of faces when they return to the park each afternoon/night.
The gold is here. YOU have to walk over it to find it! THAT'S THE DIFFICULT PART! MOST of the detectorists here are "regulars/permanents" and don't hesitate to share their knowledge with you. A very friendly/helpful bunch of Men & Women.
Unfortunately that Diesel is a real problem for all of us! (That could be another Post? :lol! lol! Cheers Alan u

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Laverton W A Empty Re: Laverton W A

Post  big chop Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 am

laverton ah sounds good but have you gone west out to leonora i have heard thay have good gold around that area
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  adaduam Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 am

big chop wrote:laverton ah sounds good but have you gone west out to leonora i have heard thay have good gold around that area

In answer to your query. YES! We have spent time around Leonora,Mt.Magnet and several dams. MOST of the property owners are quite agreeable to you detecting on their proerty providing you ask and do the right thing! (That include offering them a share of what you get!) Just remember, 50 % of whatever you find is still a lot more than 100% of NOTHING!) It also leaves a more favourable impression with the land owners, towards your fellow detectorists if/when they come along.
In general we found all the pastoralists very friendly and co-operative and they just asked us to keep an eye open for "anything out of the ordinary" and let them know of any problems etc.
The people in these areas tend to rely on each other a lot, so if you "happen to do the dirty on any one of them" You should Expect to be repaid in kind! (with interest!))
Alan

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:11 pm

thanks have you found any big nuggets out that way?
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adaduam Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 pm

WHAT'S THIS?! Shocked ARE YOU A POLICEMAN? Smile Sad mAYBE A TAXINSPECTOR? Laughing oR JUST A MINES INSPECTOR? Twisted Evil
Rolling Eyes
Some questions should NEVER be asked! Rolling Eyes If they are..................Don't really expect a reply! affraid I have found that after "sharing a beer" with another detectorist for, say, approx 6 months or so, you just may get an honest reply to that type of question!.. lol! lol! .BUT!.................DON'T ........ HOld your breath waiting for it!
elephant

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 pm

no i am not a cop and i definetly don't work for the GOVERNMENT Evil or Very Mad just interested to know if their is still big gold found in WA.i understand why you don't want to share your patchs or to to tell us your finds. silent
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Chop
The best way is to venture into van parks like Laverton and do day trips to areas like Hawks Nest Euro ect.Gold in WA is generally a culmination of a bit here and a bit there.With a bit of luck and and hard work the average for a season is around 6 ounces.(thats if you know your machine and are adventurous) the best and the lucky can average 20 ounces plus but they know where they are going and read the dirt well.Where to go will always be the problem for newbies.Its best to pick a region IE Duketon and give it a go.Go to where gold has been found and work off it.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

yeah i was thinking of an area called kalpini have you been their?
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Chop
No havent,the truth is about gold is to give it a go and be safe doing it.Went back of the camel humps on the way to duketon and found creek that I could get across but never get back.The thing is to trust your judgement,give it a try,but on the same hand be safe.
Cheers Dig
The best way to prove or disprove a spot is to do it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanx for the advice. Very Happy
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adaduam Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Big Chop. Sorry, I was trying to be funny! but of course it came out all wrong. Evil or Very Mad But "Dig24crt" is spot on with his advice! Set up a base camp somewhere and venture forth from there. There are still very nice size pieces being found! The last "good one" that I saw, was on a patch that had been done over too many times to count! ( The old fossicker got me to pick up my detector and "swing it 3 times. As I swung the detector He scratched a mark in the dirt directly under the coil. When I put the detector down and saw the marks that he had scratched you could see very clearly just how much ground hadn't actually been covered!... It sure proved to me that it is far better to Swing a lot slower and overlap each swing, even if you don't cover as much ground.
Around Laverton area there are heaps of places where you can "setup" right on the Detecting area/s providing you are self sufficient, Saves a lot of time and fuel getting to and from town each day!
Good luck al

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:43 pm

i have a few spots in mind one between leonora and laverton and another between kookynie and leonora have you or anyone been out that way or near that area ? if so i would like to know if it's worth the extra effort
thanks
BC
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Laverton W A Empty Re: Laverton W.A.

Post  sandy2010 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:53 pm

WATCH OUT FOR THE WILD CAMELS, PARTICULARLY AROUND THE DUKETON AREA.......REMEMBER, IT'S THE MALE CAMEL THAT GETS "ON HEAT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  big chop Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:55 pm

camels are bad out that way
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor