Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ballarat diggings

3 posters

Go down

ballarat diggings Empty ballarat diggings

Post  Enfield80 Sat May 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello all
I am new to this forum so just getting used to the site at the moment. Very helpfull.
I actuall grew up in enfield, 20 mins south of ballarat, and spent my whole child hood right up to this current date, exploring shafts, tunnels, and old workings around enfield, linton, happyvalley, scarsdale, smysdale, berringa, and a few more. There is so many more mines you can walk in around enfield state forest ( i know of 5 personally that are between 150mtr in to about 400mtr in at depths of around 100- 250feet.) I am having trouble finding any maps that show the actuall workings around that area? Can anyone help me out with this? I now live in wollongong but go back to enfield once a month as all my family is there, and am getting keen with a few mates to get some detecters out there. Any help will be appreciated Wink

Enfield80

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

ballarat diggings Empty maps

Post  ballaratgold Sat May 02, 2009 5:53 pm

hi enfield 80
got a mate that has found a few mines up around buninyong and other areas that arnt on any maps
there well concealed by overgroth over the years amazing how many havent been found yet
anyway try this link im sure they could give you some info
regards john

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~buninhis/
ballaratgold
ballaratgold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

ballarat diggings Empty Re: ballarat diggings

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down