Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 " DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil

2 posters

Go down

11 "  DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil Empty 11 " DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil

Post  trianglemal Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Anybody tested or purchased the Link Technologies 11 inch DD to Mono rewire conversion? And has any conducted any trials between the two coils and what were the results in comparisons between the two?

I would like to know the good or bad before I part with my hard earned doraymee.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-custom-coil-2000-2100-2200-gp-sd-gpx-4500-5000-/190500508806?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=ite

Malkorm
trianglemal
trianglemal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

11 "  DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil Empty Re: 11 " DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil

Post  Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 am

Mal you can buy a brand new one for less than he's charging.

Robert

Back to top Go down

11 "  DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil Empty Re: 11 " DD coil wiring conversion to Mono coil

Post  trianglemal Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Thankx Robert....I threw a copy of this post in the general info section and you might have noticed that the boys have pointed me in the right direction also. I have got an idea I saw a 15x12 minelab mono adverstised somewhere for $245 (reduced from $345) Could be the one to go for at that price if they are still around. What do you reckon mate? I have got a small eliptical mono that has been very good but I was after something similar but with a bit more punch I guess

Mal

Should catch up again for a coffee and and chinwag at Maryborough again one day......its been a while. Will send you a PM
trianglemal
trianglemal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 am

Sorry for the tardy reply mate.
I reckon you'd be better off with a 17 x 11 Nuggetfinder Advantage mono. The Commanders are too heavy by comparison.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  dryblower Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Mal and Robert
I have been useing the 15 x 12 Commander mono and the 17 x 11 NF mono for a few months now on a 5000 , and feel they both have their pros and cons.
The Commander is certainly a heavy coil compared to the NF
Because of its lighter weight and wider coverage I use the NF for patchfinding .

When it comes to chaining I prefer the Commander ( with a hipstick ! ) as it is not prone to false signals when scrapeing over rocks and sticks ect
According to some depth testing I did a few days ago it will also get a better signal than the NF on 3g size deep targets

On a 1/4 g nug the NF had a slightly brighter signal than the Commander.
My two bobs worth !
DB

dryblower
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  trianglemal Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks Robert and DB for your collective advice. I've got a round 16 in NF advantage mono that purchased early 2010 and has been sitting under my nose without much use. I haven't used much because my small NF elliptical mono has done much of the lions share of work with my 4500 over the last 18 months. Trying to pinpoint with a larger round coil takes me forever and I thought that a larger elliptical might do the trick in amongst the bush for me. After a fair bit of procrastination I have now decided to give the 16 inch NF some serious swing time and get to cover a lot more territory . I have also ordered a garrett pro pointer earlier today from Sydney which should hopefully help the pinpointing problem I've got. I trialled one last weekend and had no probs. We will see how the latest plan goes. Sticks pokin through the coil never helped my patience with the situation much either LOL.

Thanks men and good prospecting

Mal

trianglemal
trianglemal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down