Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off to the Coiltek Training Day

+3
mariner3800
TWO BOB
Nature_Pete
7 posters

Go down

Off to the Coiltek Training Day Empty Off to the Coiltek Training Day

Post  Nature_Pete Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:30 am

Hi Guys,

Ange and I are off the the Coiltek training day today, then off to the area around Laanecoorie tomorrow to put into practise what we have learnt. cheers cheers cheers

I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you're going to be in the area tomorrow morning, don't hesitate to give us a yell Very Happy

Cheers,

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Off to the Coiltek Training Day Empty Re: Off to the Coiltek Training Day

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Peter & Angie,

See Yous at Laanecoorie tomorrow, Ms DINGO & I will be there.

Cheers DINGO

Back to top Go down

Off to the Coiltek Training Day Empty Off to Coiltek Training Day

Post  TWO BOB Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:25 am

Hi Peter & Angie, Hope you have a good day with the Coiltek boy's. Take what you learn & turn it into GOLDEN dreams.
"TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 am

Hi all,

Hope both days are full of Gold, have a great weekend

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm

DINGO wrote:Hi Peter & Angie,

See Yous at Laanecoorie tomorrow, Ms DINGO & I will be there.

Cheers DINGO

Hi Dingo,

Ange and I will be around the 'Horseshoe Track' in the morning - rough co-ordinates 36 50'37 S 143 47'45 E (google maps). Feel free to drop in for a detect or a cup of coffee (BYO mug) as one of us will have the billy going. Just keep an eye out for the Green Jackeroo if you come past. Then we are meeting Tom (Big Fella) at the Lakeside Gate at 1pm. From there I have no idea Wink

All the best if we don't see ya,

Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off to the Coiltek Training Day Empty How to stop the excitement!

Post  ange Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi guys,
I’ve been told I’ve got it bad, the FEVER that is! Our day out with Coiltek today started out with info on settings for the detector, followed by terrain and the test pit.
We stopped for lunch and during lunch is when it hit. We had 2 borrowed coils to test on the GP Extreme both 14inch or 350mm, one a mono, and the other a DD Pro.
First we tested the Mono, I myself wasn’t that excited, Pete and I both agreed the mono has its application/s provided it would balance in the area it was being used.
However once we tested the 14 DD Pro on the extreme I got very excited bounce bounce , she ran so smooth, and was very responsive and couldn’t wait to take her out into the field!
I had a bit of trouble pinpointing with the 14inch as with all the excitement I couldn’t quite work out the best way to locate the target sound apex. [Took me a fair bit of time to settle and listen to instructions, as the adrenaline was running through the veins – My goodness it was frustrating for Pete but I had a wow of a time! Sorry Nature_Pete! Embarassed ]
All in all it was a great day, not a skerrick of the yella was found, but it was fun, digging up ground noise in some cases but some other targets of junk that were a good indicator of listening for the right sounds. Yes I nearly cried having to give back the DD!!!!! Sad

None the less the 11DD still picked up on some deep targets in the test pit.

Very keen to get up to Laanecoorie tomorrow, who knows some of those spots that we spied on our way back the last time could be paid a visit! bounce

ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Ange and Pete,

Sound like a great day, " kids with a new toy on Xmas day, hey!! "

Good luck tomorrow, leave some in the ground for us in November,yes that's right it's on again.

Starting to put together the next Forum get together, Laanecoorie will be the location

Keep you posted, good tomorrow

Mapriner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Good luck out there Pete, Ange, Dingo's Laughing and the Bigfella.

I'll be thinkin of ya's out there while I'm at the grind Mad
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Good luck Ange and Peter. I might get some tips from you , now when you got your diploma in detecting:)
I hope you get some yellow today.
I was told that 14'' DD elite pro is THE COIL for GP detectors.I am going to buy brand new one on my next visit to Coiltek.($375 at the moment).Will post how i go with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

So Pete,time to update us on your Sunday??

Did Dingo produce??

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 am

bounce yeah im eager to hear too
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

mariner3800 wrote:So Pete,time to update us on your Sunday??

Did Dingo produce??

Mariner3800

Hi Mariner,

I think I'll let Dingo answer that one. Razz Razz Razz

Alas, for Ange and I didn't find anything but bullets, nails etc. Even still, we had an absolutely fantastic day and to be honest, as much as I seek the gold I think I just love being out there with great people even more. Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe once I find a little yellow, I will become more focussed, but I doubt it. Wink

Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 am

ange wrote:Hi guys,
I’ve been told I’ve got it bad, the FEVER that is! Our day out with Coiltek today started out with info on settings for the detector, followed by terrain and the test pit.
We stopped for lunch and during lunch is when it hit. We had 2 borrowed coils to test on the GP Extreme both 14inch or 350mm, one a mono, and the other a DD Pro.
First we tested the Mono, I myself wasn’t that excited, Pete and I both agreed the mono has its application/s provided it would balance in the area it was being used.
However once we tested the 14 DD Pro on the extreme I got very excited bounce bounce , she ran so smooth, and was very responsive and couldn’t wait to take her out into the field!
I had a bit of trouble pinpointing with the 14inch as with all the excitement I couldn’t quite work out the best way to locate the target sound apex. [Took me a fair bit of time to settle and listen to instructions, as the adrenaline was running through the veins – My goodness it was frustrating for Pete but I had a wow of a time! Sorry Nature_Pete! ]
All in all it was a great day, not a skerrick of the yella was found, but it was fun, digging up ground noise in some cases but some other targets of junk that were a good indicator of listening for the right sounds. Yes I nearly cried having to give back the DD!!!!! Sad

None the less the 11DD still picked up on some deep targets in the test pit.

Very keen to get up to Laanecoorie tomorrow, who knows some of those spots that we spied on our way back the last time could be paid a visit! bounce

This should be posted in the newbies area for it embody's all the dramas of the beginner rolled into one especially the line "[Took me a fair bit of time to settle and listen to instructions, as the adrenaline was running through the veins " wow ! couldnt have said it better if I tried and this is true for prospectors of the sluicing kind as well --- the best of luck out there Ange!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 am

The best of luck out there guy's .... it is going to get a whole lot better for you's as time goes by. cheers
James 101
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi there, Pedro & Angie,

Off to the Coiltek Training Day DSCF2290

Got a few lil pups.

Cheers DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  cranky53 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 pm

nice little pups there dingo
but were they old enough to leave their mum Smile
good finds mate ,hope you left some out there for pedro and ange to find

cranky53
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 pm

nice ones Dingo.
I might get that shovel from your avatar!!!!
Keep digging.

Back to top Go down

Post  ange Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm

thanks Murachu,
I take it with your experience, you know exactly what I'm going through, the other issue is that by sharing the detector, get very impatient waiting for my turn!!!! bounce bounce
ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

cranky53 wrote:nice little pups there dingo
but were they old enough to leave their mum Smile

Their mum has our name written all over it ... so if any forum member should find her and the name has rubbed off, just re-bury her and sms me gps point ASAP Twisted Evil

Very nicely done Dingo,

Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 pm

ange wrote:thanks Murachu,
I take it with your experience, you know exactly what I'm going through, the other issue is that by sharing the detector, get very impatient waiting for my turn!!!! bounce bounce

G'day Ange

I don't know if you use headphones or external speakers while you share the same detector with Pete, but I reckon that if you use the external speaker system you will not get bored waiting for your turn, as you will hear the targets that the other one is getting and you can help by sharing the digging and stuff like that. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  ange Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:07 am

davsgold wrote:
ange wrote:thanks Murachu,

G'day Ange

I don't know if you use headphones or external speakers while you share the same detector with Pete, but I reckon that if you use the external speaker system you will not get bored waiting for your turn, as you will hear the targets that the other one is getting and you can help by sharing the digging and stuff like that. Very Happy

cheers dave
Hey Dave,
When we went up for the training day we bought an external speaker from coiltek, but the thing is i don't get bored at all, but Pete likes to dig his own targets! A bit like when we go fishing, he likes to bring in his own fish and rightfully so.

I guess we are tuned slightly different to the sounds, I listen for all the very slight changes, and more often than not I'll be saying here here did you hear that? "Thats ground noise" he mostly says, where I'd be happy digging ground noise just in case its not ground noise. I would prefer not to encroach on his experience and mostly I don't follow.

But you have just given me an Idea! Think I will follow pete and start marking the noises that I hear that he leaves behind, then when its my turn I'll go back to the spots and have a go for myself, being careful not to say anything too cheeky if I strike the yella!

Cheers
ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down