Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lucky lark batteries

2 posters

Go down

lucky lark batteries Empty lucky lark batteries

Post  the speciman Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 pm

GDAY GUYS AND GALS
has anybody had a bad drama with there lucky lark battery.
i bought one for my 3500 about 15 months ago and it has sh3t itself and at 435$ you would think they had a better shelf life than that.
maybe its because when its in my cruiser at 48 degrees c its not happy
but nor am i at the cost of a replacment any ideas guys
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

lucky lark batteries Empty Re: lucky lark batteries

Post  kon61 Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 am

G'day Speciman.

Speak of the devil.My 4pin Lucky Lark that I use on my spare 2200 packed it in yesterday.Not even 30 charges and 9 months old,lucky i still have the original receipt. The problem was in the amp booster,it just stopped working when last switched on.No sound at all coming from the headphone plug.Batteries still pushing 7.3v and in perfect working order.Rang up Reids in WA and explained the situation and they told me that they can fix the problem.So as of Monday(express post) back to Reids it goes for repairs.I'll just have to wait and see what the problem was.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:38 am

GDAY KON 61
i charge my battery up full and it only lasts about 2 hours and then does the warbling effect and its givin me the s#its i dont want to go back to those ol heavy dinosaus that they use to have hello about a kilo each not a happy chappy and befofe the 3500 battery sh#t it self i bought a lucky lark for my 4500 at 500+ dollars so im stuck between a rock and a hard place.
anyway sshii###
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

go hard or go home lol

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 am

M8,You couldn't have done more than three hundred charges in that time.Ring up Reids Prospecting Supplies and explain the situation,I'm sure they'd be more than happy to look into it.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:07 am

GDAY KON61
ye go nothin to lose just ask the question and see what they say spose
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 am

I had one for about three years and the bloke before me had it for two and it never missed a beat rain hail or shine. I'd be giving them a call I'm sure they will sort it for you.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 am

G'day Guys.

Forgot to mention that after 2 weeks of waiting,I received my Lucky Lark back from Reeds Prospecting Supplies.Repaired as good as new.Minor repair on circuit board and the changing of the amp-booster toggle switch.Total cost of repair,$35+$15 delivery charge from WA to VIC.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 am

I have a lucky lark as a backup battery on the 4500 for the last 2 years and its still going strong but the price tag over $400 I reckon from what I know now is a bit steep. I also run the Woody batteries system on the 3500 and for half the price you get 2 batteries charger and car charger for half the money all lite weight and still going strong after nearly 2 years service bloody ripper I reckon.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 pm

I think the original Lucky Larks seem to last longer, could it have something to do with the new owners taking over and using cheap "chinese" parts for them ?????
UB

Back to top Go down