Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lead to Gold ratio

+3
GoldstalkerGPX
kon61
TWO BOB
7 posters

Go down

Lead to Gold ratio Empty Lead to Gold ratio

Post  TWO BOB Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi All, What is your lead to gold ratio??? My ratio in Vic. is 25 pieces of lead to 1 of gold. Some times I beat the average like the past 3days 20 lead 3 buttons then 2 nuggets each of .8gr .
Cheers "TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Lead to Gold ratio Empty Re: Lead to Gold ratio

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 pm

G'day TWO BOB.

Only a few years back,the lead or should i say junk ratio to that of nugget finds (for me) would have been around the 30 to one gold.
I'm stating to appreciate not digging so much junk targets today,but gold in the form of individual nuggets or patches are also harder to
come by. So if your pulling allot of junk targets or lead shot or bullets out of any known gold location,don't consider it a bad sign,knowing
that this area still has potential to produce a slug or a small patch of gold,by not being cleaned out properly.At the rate areas are being
cleaned out of junk targets at the moment,there'll come a time when even the sound of lead will be preferred over dead silence.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:00 pm

That is sound advice from Kon, I have found that some area's are so quiet now that you find yourself throwing down the test nugget just to be sure. Having said that there are still area's that are just littered with rubbish and make you walk away, now if I could just find the charger for the Sov I might hit those area's.

To answer your question I don't generally count the amount of junk targets I bring home but all area's are different, I hit an area with fishberley last year and the ratio was great about 14 gold targets to maybe 5 junk.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Lead to Gold ratio Empty Lucky

Post  whatsthetime Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 pm

I must be pretty lucky. My lead to gold is about 5 to 1.
Been prospecting about 30 times in the last 2 years
and came home only once without gold.
Mostly 2 to 3 days out there at the time.
whatsthetime
whatsthetime
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:03 pm

G'day Whatsthetime.

I found in the past that by setting base camp for more than one day,always increased my chances of lobbing on to gold.Trying to lob onto gold,on any new area,on any one day is difficult,but not impossible.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 am

Gday

The lead slugs and bits and pieces that I have collected over the last season or so would weigh more than ten ounces I reckon, I pick them up and dont throw them back on the ground like some folks do, so that I dont have to pick them up again the next time I have a run over that spot.

I have noticed however that I get many more of the really small bird shot pellets with the 4500 than I ever got with the extreme or 3500, anybody else experience that?, some old lead pieces are so rough and jagged that until you get the dirt off they can trick you into thinking for a second that you have a nice piece in hand, these bits always seem to be about 5 to 10 grams in size Mad

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 am

G'day Guys,

I have a very high lead to gold ratio!(I haven't counted, but I have a hell of a lot more lead than gold) But this tends to vary. Some days I will dig no lead at all and get a few good bits of yellow and other days lead is all that I find, especially those pesky shotgun pellets! I hate them as they sound so sweet Very Happy The main thing is not to let the junk targets get you thinking down. Just remember the next nugget could be just a couple of swings away Cool

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chookfoot Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 am

Lead to gold..... 1000:1 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Chookfoot
Chookfoot
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 pm

I keep all the lead and have an accurate tally,10:1.The larger lead is rare now and ferrous trash is at least 50:1.Don't forget the false signals as well.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down