Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deep mode with sharp timmings

2 posters

Go down

deep mode with sharp timmings Empty deep mode with sharp timmings

Post  lbg dreamer Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:08 pm

hi all i am still a newby with a large lead and rusty nail collection after detecting with my whites gmt which i love Smile still no gold finds as yet Embarassed been goin for about 12 months or so and only dig lead . so i know im headen for some colour one day Very Happy bout a month ago i purchased a 4500 Twisted Evil to try and increase my chances Smile although the gmt is good i think the gold around bathurst is to deep for me to pick up Rolling Eyes i could be wrong. any way i have charged my new detector studied the hand book and purchased the seta project and still havent studied enough to be worthy to turn it on scratch when i do i was thinking about using 15by 12 dd coil in deep mode with sharp timings scratch has any one tried this and had any luck? what problems could arise ? to much noise, or interference would it give extra depth due to the extra power to the coil due to sharp and im not to sure if the sharp timming will even work with dd deep settings any feed back would be great thanks Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Last edited by lbg dreamer on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt gold wrong)
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

deep mode with sharp timmings Empty Re: deep mode with sharp timmings

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:11 pm

G'day lbg dreamer

I think you will have good success with your 4500 when you have had a bit of practice with it, there a damn good machine.

As for using a 15x12 DD coil in sharp and deep and General, I see no reason why it won't work, there may well be better choices though.

If you have a MONO coil use it in "enhance" while getting used to the machine, I am sure you will get a better result. Set the machine up as suggested in the SETA project DVD with a MONO coil, either the 11" commander or something of similar size for a start and go from there.

Then make sure you are on a known goldfield that had gold of detectable size and not just real fine stuff, a bit of research here will do the trick.

You can set your machine up at home while watching the SETA DVD just don't plug in the headphone or speaker, turn it on and do all the adjustments while watching the DVD. You will still need to adjust the manual tune, threshold and probably tone when out in the field, as these you need to have the speaker or headphones connected to get it right.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:17 pm

hi dave thanks very much for taking the time to read my quiry. Smile and offer me some informative advice. study i took her out for a test run out near hill end had a little 6 hour play my new machine and its settings , starting with general and just going from there, i did try the above mentioned timings it was fairly noisy, and did get some very broad ground noise ? just purchased a 14 inch mono nf. and will go back and check those large ground noises just in case ! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil and as it was only in 3 spots maybe the mono will shed some light on those signals in enhance! but i did ad a lot of rusty nails and rubbish to my massive collection that i always bring home lol! i didnt like the head phones either so also purchased a b an z booster speaker . cant wait to get back out there and try my new set up Cool
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 pm

G'day lbg dreamer

It can be a bit daunting to start with, but a few times out and you will get better with the machine, espically if you can find another person with experince to show you some things out in the field, it makes so much more sense in real time.

Hill End is a good spot to be trying out the 4500, plenty of gold has been got from there over recent times with 4500's, quite often there are people from the forum there detecting, so don't be afraid to say G'day if you see someone else there swinging a detector.

You will find the 14" NF mono is a good all round coil, I have one and use it quite a bit. Mono coils and 4500's and enhance settings are a good combo. Also you will find the B&Z booster with external speaker is way better than headphones, I have been using this setup for quite a few years, started with it on the GP extreme then the GPX4000 and now the GPX 4500. It needs to be extremely windy conditions (like 50km/h) before I would go back to headphones.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Sharp is one of my fav settings,try burying a few test targets for a comparison.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

hi guys thanks very much for your info it has helped , Very Happy and gave me a bit more confidence with my new detector. Twisted Evil went out and met up with some detectorists around my area and they were also more than happy to help me ! i got to meet some very nice people some i have talked to on here , or read there stories and its great to meet people with the same interest and in some cases put a face to the name, Very Happy dug bout 70 targets of the none gold variety cheers but had a great time and learning curve also cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down