Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SD2200d serial numbers

2 posters

Go down

SD2200d serial numbers Empty SD2200d serial numbers

Post  CostasDee Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi all, I know I have read it somewhere here, but for the life of me I can't find it again Sad .
Can anybody clarify the sequence of serial numbers that were related to the SD2200d that were good (the 45s for example). I know that there are some more in the later numbers, but I just don't remember what they were.
If someone had a list of good vs bad, such as from xxx to yyy was good and from yyy to zzz was bad and from zzz to aaa was good, etc, that would be great... Smile
Many thanks in advance.. Smile
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

SD2200d serial numbers Empty SS2200d serials

Post  CostasDee Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh no, it looks like everyone has forgotten about these old machines.
Someone must remember the serial number sequence and which groups of numbers where "the good ones"
Cheers Sad
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

SD2200d serial numbers Empty Re: SD2200d serial numbers

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm

The good ones were the ones that found gold lol!
Sorry pal, couldn't resist.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

SD2200d serial numbers Empty Re: SD2200d serial numbers

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi CD
The 45 series were generally considered to be the best,but have done tests with 65 series and they were good as well.It really comes down to the machine as there are slight differences in them.Look for a machine with a stable threshold.
Cheers Dig
There is one feature that some of the old pros used to check them out.Its called "crashdown",its the noise the detectors made when you turn the off.Apparently the longer the sound the better the machine.Dont know how sound this idea was but I know off two people that swear by it.

Last edited by Dig24crt on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

SD2200d serial numbers Empty serials

Post  CostasDee Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Many thanks for your reply Dig.
I knew of the 45 series (I think the whole world knows of them lol ) but I was offered a late 65s and I couldn't remember if they were of the good ones. I sort of recollect the 67,68,69s were suppose to be good but i hadn't heard of ther 65s. Hence why I started this post.
As far as the "crashdown", I've never heard of that. I can't see what difference that will do to the quality of the machine, but I will keep a eye/ear out for it.
Cheers again bounce
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down