Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little 2 grammer Vid.

3 posters

Go down

Little 2 grammer Vid. Empty Little 2 grammer Vid.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Dug this up down on the slope about 10 metres from a old timers trench it was 37 degrees that day while I was filming.

Last edited by modernprospector on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not the Vid I was posting)

Back to top Go down

Little 2 grammer Vid. Empty Re: Little 2 grammer Vid.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:40 pm

eerr the dirt on it WILL hurt ya!! but a nice piece althesame!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 pm

nice little vid modernprospector.
Gotta agree with Murachu..you don't know where that nugget has been.....it could have passed thru many holes before it came out of the one you dug.. Laughing
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:51 pm

The dirt may not, but if there has been use of mercury or cyanide in the area that might Laughing
I'm told that some sands are very toxic, bit like some timbers.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 pm

It is good to see these vids on the site, as it gives us all the feeling we are out there and a part of the experience but I have to agree with the others about putting nuggets in the mouth. No I have also seen in most vids that the guys, when they dig out the target use their hands and grasp a hand full of dirt and wave it over the coil. OK thats fine. but if you notice, the amount of soil that falls away when they transfer the soil from one hand to the other and how much soil gets lost and back on to the the ground and possibly the target. It is nearly every time that process is repeated. With most nuggets getting found these days are in the sub gram size. So why not use a plastic scoop ( a doggy pooer scooper are great for this) and your chances of loosing your tagget will be reduced greatly, and even speed up the process of the recovery. Next time you watch a vid were the hand to hand process is being used you will see what I mean.

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi
I think that a Bush Turkey swallowed that nugget because it was a small shiny object and then deposited it on the ground ready to be found.
Well at least it is nice and clean now.
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:35 pm

I know not to put the gold in my mouth will stop doing it know thanks for the warning.

Back to top Go down