Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week

4 posters

Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week

Post  nfinder Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi all,
Is anyone intending to go to the forum with Ian Aitken from Minelab in Kal next week, 21st I think, and could post some feedback here.
I understand he will be addressing any questions re the 5000's.
Thanks

nfinder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-09-16

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Re: Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week

Post  got the bug Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:58 pm

I too would be very interested in any feedback from this meeting as I am on the verge of purchasing a 5000 & have a couple of concerns regarding the new machines, i.e wont work with older coils apparently, hence I am a bit hesitant in the purchase, so any info on solutions/answers to the 5000's would be very bennificial in the decion making process.
I am unable to go to Kal to chase this up as work comitments will not allow it.
Thanks,
Mark

got the bug
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty loop

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Keep me in the loop please

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Re Forum

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Ditto to what nfinder has said any info is great
Regards Dave
Question Question study study

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Kal forum

Post  Newhunter Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Any info on the forum in kal about the 5000 yet ??????

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Kal meeting

Post  got the bug Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm

I phoned Minelab today & asked about this meeting, I was told Ian Aiken met with a couple of people on his way back from Perth as he was here for the Caravan & camping show last weekend & it was just a secondary thing to call into Kal but I probed the point of why call into Kal & what was it about but that info was not fourthcomming & it was a "private meeting with clients of minelab" so now this really gets my attention, is or isn't there an issue here with the 5000, I was assured over the phone that Minelab are not misleading or hiding anything from anyone which is what you would expect from Minelab given their history, I have always found them to be trustworthy, but, why was there no such bantering & talk of issues when the 4500 came out, it was all good, why is this model not the same, what has changed.......

got the bug
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Back to top Go down

Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week Empty Re: Minelab Forum in Kalgoorlie next week

Post  nfinder Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 pm

I thought anyone could go, finders keepers seemed happy to have people attend, and then enjoy a sizzle after.

I did speak to Ian at the show in Perth on the weekend.
From what I took away there are issues with coils other than minelab/commander. It is not all coils of particular makes, some using them are ok, others are having issues. The sensitivity of the machine could be contributing to the issues. The issues seems particulary prevalent in WA. Being in relation to after market coils I get the feeling they aren't particulary interested.
We were asked that if we experience issues with minelab/ commander coils they want to know about it.

I think thumbs up to Ian for attending and answering questions, it would be nice to get something official from Minelab.
If anyone was in kal for the forum any feedback would be appreciated.

nfinder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-09-16

Back to top Go down