Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teetulpa sa visit

+3
Pennyweight
madmax800
jayvee
7 posters

Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa sa visit

Post  jayvee Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 am

[b]Could i please obtain some info re teetulpa sa fields,maybee from people who have been there.we are going to whyalla in march and would like to visit the gold field
and try our luck.could someone give us some info on ,entry,rules and regs,is permission required etc ?.we have never been to sa before,thanks in advance.
john.jayvee.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa sa visit

Post  madmax800 Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Jayvee,

Teetulpa is on four brothers station, permission is needed to be on the property.
Once you have that you then require permission from the lease holders, and there are several leases close together.
The main gully (brady's) is covered by 3 leases (at least), and the main area's are under lease from 2 fellas called Harry and Wayne. If you are caught on their leases then I am afraid we may no longer ever hear from you.
Be warned also there are no services like water, power, etc and it can be 40+ degrees in summer . Its a hard place.
Good luck with everything, let us know if you get it all sorted.

Its been a while since I have been there so I hope this is close to accurate now.Don't hold me responsible for the above.

Is your avatar from Tibboburra

[img]Teetulpa sa visit IMG_0193[/img]

[img]Teetulpa sa visit IMG_0183[/img]

[img]Teetulpa sa visit IMG_0196[/img]

[img]Teetulpa sa visit IMG_0197[/img]

Last edited by madmax800 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pics)
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Madmax 800 re teetulpa

Post  jayvee Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:33 pm

[b]hi,no sorry not tibby ,milparinka. thanks for the info am trying to do the right thing,have emailed the property,and contacted PIRSA, is there any visual harrasment
on properties in sa. such as go in here and get shot etc.? any way thank you again john jayvee.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty pics madmax800

Post  jayvee Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:39 pm

[b]where are the pics taken? john jayvee.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Re: Teetulpa sa visit

Post  madmax800 Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:54 pm

The pics are Teetulpa, Brady's Gully

Thats what I meant, Your avatar is on the right side of the track before you get to Shearers quarters at Milparinka . ( tibbobura area)
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty madmax 800 re

Post  jayvee Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:14 pm

[b]yes ,jacks shack mount brown station,we were there for 2 months,know all about heat ,flies,wind,dust,etc boy teetulpa looks crowded,did you get permission?
and is there any other arears not under lease?and is there any visual harrasment in sa? john jayvee.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty in chat now

Post  madmax800 Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm

in chat now
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa

Post  Pennyweight Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi,
if you steer clear of the leases, they have no cause to bother you. Make sure you have an up to date tenement map from PIRSA and know where you are. A lot of gold has been found off the slopes away from the main diggings (leases) to the South of Strawbridges gully and in the vicinity of Deep gully, Hospital hill and between Goslins gully and salt creek. Be prepared for some patches of heavy junk in spots though Wink Will be damned hot until late March up there. Make sure that the pastoral leaseholders (Four Brothers Stn) knows you're there. If you find one bit away from the workings, concentrate around it...they usually are not alone! Cheers, Dwt
Pennyweight
Pennyweight
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa Advice

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:19 am

Pennyweight is correct, last night I checked with the Mineralogical Society of South Australia (they had a field trip to Four Brothers this last Spring). Written permission is now required from Four Brothers and you are not allowed to be on the areas under exploration licence, so please check thoroughly with PIRSA on the current tenement status.

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty teetulpa visit

Post  jayvee Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:24 am

[b]thank you dwt you have been most helpful,it is quite difficult to get correct info when i am so far away.i have contacted PIRSA and the info should be in the mail.
we origionally had contact via email {pirsa} i have found that a lot of info expects me to know landmarks inthe area, e.g. "go past the old building that burnt down 40 years ago" we call this cow cockey directions,thank you again,i will pursue the matter further john.jayvee in johs country.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty teetulpa visit

Post  jayvee Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 am

[b]thank you geolit,all info is appreciated i will await official info from PIRSA john jayvee in JOHS country.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pennyweight Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi again Jayvee,
the only tenements you need to worry about up there are mining leases. Under SA mines act, if you are fossicking, you do not need any permission from Exploration tenement holders. Cheers, Dwt
Pennyweight
Pennyweight
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Clarification needed in regard to fossicking on exploration leases or licences South Australia

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:08 pm

PIRSA states clearly that the not for profit fossicking or in other words hobby fossicking for gold, gemstones or other minerals is exempted from the South Australian Mines Act. PIRSA states that if you are going to fossick on any private property, exploration lease or mining lease you are required to have written permission of both the land holder and the company holding the exploration lease in that State if it is not a declared area for fossicking such as Echunga, Mount Crawford etc or public Crown Land that is not being used for any declared purpose such as forestry operations for example.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the Four Brothers property managers have a private agreement with the exploration licence holders, that no individual other than the Four Brothers managers and their staff and exploration licence holders staff can enter onto land that is under exploration licence and this is a requirement of the South Australian Mines Act as of 2004 and is actively being enforced.

In other words if you are a hobby fossicker you have no protection under law by the South Australian Mining Act.

geolit

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty geolit&pennyweight confusion

Post  jayvee Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:25 pm

[b]now i am confused john jayvee.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pennyweight Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Geolit and Jayvee
Unless the SA mines Act has changed in the past 6 years, fossickers have never needed permission from Exploration tenement holders. A written ruling was handed to the SA detector clubs about this way back in the 80's. Pastoral leaseholders definitely need to be advised of your presence though.

If the landholders have such an understanding with the exploration tenement holder as Geolit suggests, this means that Teetulpa is now a NO-GO area. Your discussion with 4 Brothers stn will confirm this. Cheers, Dwt
Pennyweight
Pennyweight
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty teetulpa

Post  jayvee Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 pm

[b]thank you dwt,do you have a contact address or a phone number for the station? john jayvee
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pennyweight Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi Jayvee,
I cannot find the new phone number for the Station. When McLachlans and before that, Sandlants owned it, the same phone number was used. It has changed now. I do have a phone number for Murray Raymond who is one of the mining leaseholders there. He has been mining and detecting there since the late 1960's. He lives on-site, only 2km from the station house. I will send you a private message with the number. He will let you know the station number and the current arrangement with the exploration tenement holders. From what I hear, I suspect geolit is correct. Cheers, Dwt
Pennyweight
Pennyweight
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa visit

Post  baileydog251 Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi i live in Whyalla and Regually detect Teetulpa ,contact me beforehand and ill see what i can do .I might be able to get up there at the same time.

baileydog251
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty baileydog251 YOU ARE THE MAN

Post  jayvee Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 pm

[b]hey baileydog251 you de man,dont know if you heard,but in march whyalla will be invaded by about 1200 motor homes it is the CMCA camper and motor home club australia it is their annerversary rally yes we are one of them,we will be travelling mostly on our own from johs country,there are not any other serious detectorists in the club that we know of.will stay in contact with you ,thanks for the post john n val jayvee.(thats val in the pic}he he.
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 am

hi jvee.... permission is needed from the 4 brothers stn, plus the e/l holders. i have both. the e/l is held by a company called "goldus". ....... pete

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Permission

Post  jayvee Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 am

[quThanks pete,got station permission,e/l was not home is friend of friend,will try tonight,thanks john jayvee.in johs country.

ote="beepinpete"]hi jvee.... permission is needed from the 4 brothers stn, plus the e/l holders. i have both. the e/l is held by a company called "goldus". ....... pete[/quote]
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty AVATAR

Post  jayvee Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

[quoNot now, i improved it considerably.john jayvee

te="madmax800"]The pics are Teetulpa, Brady's Gully

Thats what I meant, Your avatar is on the right side of the track before you get to Shearers quarters at Milparinka . ( tibbobura area)[/quote]
jayvee
jayvee
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa Gold field

Post  Lucas Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Could any one please give me up to date contact details on visiting this gold field,my wife and I would like to go this coming September (visiting from NZ) ,I have read the forum of jayvee, do you know if he got to go in the end?My wife wants to know if it is safe out there!! her first visit into the out back, my experience is limited Teetulpa sa visit Icon_smile

Lucas

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Teetulpa sa visit Empty Teetulpa Goldfield Changes

Post  ClaimRat Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

The Four Brothers station is actually the outstation to Mount Victor.
There is presently no-one at Four Brothers so to get permission you need to call Mount Victor.

ClaimRat
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  keen4au Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Seen an ad for a lease to buy up there, don't know if it's an old one or not. Wonder how successful it would be. I guess with a few leases up there its not dead loss.

keen4au
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-08-17

Back to top Go down