Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heading West

4 posters

Go down

Heading West Empty Heading West

Post  Bull Ant Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Guys.
I have booked a Tagalog tour to the west this year with GPA hoping to gain some more experience
as i have not done a lot of detecting. My questions are. 1 if i were to stay around for a week or so
after the tour is finished are there any areas to detect between Sandstone and Kalgoorlie that are
available to the public. 2 If so where do i get info on them. 3 Or do i need a 20A permit. Any help
would be much appreciated. Thanks Phill.
Bull Ant
Bull Ant
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Heading West Empty Re: Heading West

Post  granite2 Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Phil, good on you, mate. You will have a terrific time with Mark and his crew. If you want lots more places to look you might consider my latest Data CD that I have just released called, MENZIES TO WILUNA. You can find it on Ebay under Metal Detectors. Heaps of places to detect and step by step instructions on understanding WA Mines Department Tengraph and how to get a section 20A.

Also includes how to get Google Earth and Ozzie Maps and combine the two for easy searching for old mines and old scrapes etc. And a great deal more info than I want to detail here.

No matter what happens, have a great trip and I hope you get lots of nuggets.

Cheers, Jim cheers
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  aumate Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Phil,
A very informative site to look at is www.gold-prospecting-wa.com Gold prospecting in WA, they have a section on how to understand Tengraph and other helpful information regarding prospecting in WA.

Cheers Laurie & Roz

aumate
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Gday Phil
Mate,if you haven't been to WA before it will be a real eye opener as far as the vastness of the place goes. Sandstone to Kal is a massive chunk of country. When are you booked in for??? First thing I'd do if I was an eastern newbie would be to consult Gold and Ghosts. Do you know anyone over here? There's no substitute for local knowledge. There are a plethora of detecting possibilities in the area you're going to. Years and years worth that you'll only give a little scratch to in a couple of weeks. Good luck but all the same.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Heading West Empty Heading West

Post  Bull Ant Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Guys. Thanks for your replies much appreciated.
Granite 2 I have one of your other Cd's found it quite informative will look into the one you suggest.
Aumate. Thanks mate looks like a good site will check it out further.
Mulgadansa. I have booked from June 12Th to July 13Th with 5to 6 days traveling each way i want to
make the most of it while i am over there. No i don't know anyone over there at the moment , hopefully
i will meet some locals out in the fields.

Thanks again Phill.
Bull Ant
Bull Ant
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down