Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw

5 posters

Go down

Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw Empty Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw

Post  Jack0gold Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Had another good day with 1.6 grams of the good stuff.Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw DSCF0180Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw DSCF0179Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw DSCF0176
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw Empty Re: Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw

Post  FoolsGold Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Good stuff Jack0gold, nice nuggets.

Is there much water lying around at Stuart Town? Mozzies?

FoolsGold

FoolsGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah mate, the mozzies will almost carry you off, Lots of water in the old dig holes. If you go out there take the mozzy spray.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Good goin JackO, the mozzies might carry you away but u got to carry away the gold how good is that Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

nice gold thereJackOgold, small gold is better than no gold - wish I were there.
uncle bob Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Looks like a fun day...all smiles I bet Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:45 pm

well done jacko!

Back to top Go down

Todays finds at Stuart Town nsw Empty

Post  maarit Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Great nuggets!
I have been watching your posts of gold that you can find from Stuart Town green in envy. I have been there few times and
can only find bullets lead and iron junk ........ (have had my GPX 4500 for a month.....and there is so much to learn).
You must really know your machine and use it properly.... so please keep up posting pictures of your gold and I can keep dreaming of my first nugget. You keep my dream alive. Thank you so much!!!
maarit

maarit
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Have to second the above posts well done again Jack....please keep posting those great pics....

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi and thanks Maarit, Its funny, I must have went to Stuart Town a dozen times and found nothing but junk and bullets, I ran into another guy there one day and he had found 5 nuggets that morning. That said to me to keep trying and my day will come, Now i get good gold every time i go there.
Im using the 5000 with an 8inch mono, I have found every little nugget with that combination with the detector set on special and fine gold. Its perfect for that area. Biggest piece was just on 1 gram so its all small gold and mostly reef and very rough but i have found some nice smooth pieces there too.
I see you are a new comer to the game and live nearby, Im more then happy to take you out there one day soon and help you to find that first nugget if you like. Im hoping to spend a couple of nights out there to do some serious detecting in January if your keen. This offer goes out to anyone else thats interested too.
Cheers
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  maarit Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks JackOgold!
We would love to come in January when ever suits you. It would be great. We are living in Wello and it is easy drive to Stuart Town. I use the GPX and I have a pleasure to have a partner who does the digging for me. It would be so great to get some help how to use my machine properly. I am getting already really exited!!!!
Have a very nice Christmas!
and please keep me posted about the big day in Stuart Town
maarit

maarit
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey Maarit, Did i meet you at Stuart Town a few weeks ago, I met a guy out there using a new 4500 he had bough but had no instruction on using it. He another guy digging for him, I helped him sort out his coil and put him up onto the flats. Was that you?
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  maarit Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi!
It wasn't me. I have instruction book and I got my machine secondhand, so no lessons and I am a lady Embarassed
maarit

maarit
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 pm

A lady, digging in the dirt looking for gold nuggets. I couldn't think of any thing better, Good for you, Women make great detector operators.
The offer stands for a couple of days swinging in January. I cant give an exact date as i have to see how work pans out after the new year. I plan to take my camper out and stay there for a couple of nights.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Nice finds Jackogold, at this rate your going to clean the place out. Laughing
ST was my training ground and we still pop out there every now and then, best thing about the peppercorns is you can always come home with a bit of color if your in need a of gold fix.
Stopped in there the other week late in the arvo for a quick fix, got out of the truck, put our gear on, took our gear off got back in the truck and left, anyone who can handle that amount of mozzies that late in the arvo deserves all the gold they find plus some... Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Your right about the mozzies there Narrawa, I was there till 3 pm on Monday but all day i had to re-apply the mozzy spray every 2 hours or they would carry me away. Theres so much still water there at the moment it to good for the breeding. I would like to go to many other places but ST is only an hours drive for me and im getting gold every trip now days. I dont get more then a day out at a time.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 pm

watch out for a holden rodeo shaped mud hole there...damn near lost my ute! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Mate your doing better then i did when i first started going out there with the 2100, stick with what your doing with the 5000 because its working for you.
ST does't see as much action as many of the other gold fields and thats a good thing, and every now and then you hear of a good bit being found out there, you never know, given your luck you maybe the bloke telling of just such a bit very soon.
Its a good training ground for the newbie, as it offers a wide range of ground conditions which helps you to understand your coil selection and timings.

Keep your fingers crossed the dam empty's out quickly, this will give you another good area to prospect that yielded many of us some good finds.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down