Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settings for the 4500

Go down

Settings for the 4500 Empty Settings for the 4500

Post  Kon61gold Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:06 pm

When you get a 4500, on most cases some one sets it for you

This is a basic guideline which has been used by many users here so keep a copy for yourself

On the bottom are five switches

Threshold - around 12 oclock
Search Mode - G General -(it is more noisy if you put it in Deep)
Soil Timings - Enhance
Ground Balance - Fixed
Coil/Rx - M for Mono

On the top is the master menu
Battery - 8V fully charged for max performance
Back Light - Off
Volume Limit 12 or 8 with a B&Z booster or equivalent - Less for External Speakers
Target Signal - 19
Motion mode SLOW
Gain 12 or if it is noisy - down to 8
Stabilizer 8
Manual Tune - around 95

After Detecting a while you may be getting some false signals and the detector becomes noisy.
This is the time to use the Quick Track button on the handle. Push it in and pump the detector up and down in the air about 6 inches of the ground until it becomes quiet again.

On detecting go as slow as you can and listen to all sounds. Keep the coil sliding on the ground

Put a piece of gold on the ground and listen for the sound. As it is close to the coil it has a smooth sound, but always remember when it is further away or deeper, it can sound like any other metal that is why we dig everything.

If you are digging up bullets etc, you can always pick up gold as well. Try to think where it has not been thrashed or where the gold has come from

There is a lot more information on settings in the forum so this is a basic guide to get you going

Good Luck

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Settings for the 4500 Empty Re: Settings for the 4500

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm

hey Jefgold,
i'm not been rude but other peoples setting will not Probably work as good for you as it does for them... not everyones detector is the same when built. some could be more sencertive and some could be less sencertive than others, you'll prbably get 2 the same out off about 100 or so detectors. so saying that you could end up with a detector that will work someones settings good,. as they say you can only try. the best way i found is just play around with your detector and get to know what it can do....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I Agree stopsy thats why I said it was only a basic guide for a start. The more you learn what the controls are for, you will learn how to optimize your settings for your machine.

A suggestion can be what others find is more suitable for them and get them to put their suggestions up as well.
That way users can experiment

jeffl
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 pm

that's it, if i tell someone my settings i just tell them to play around with there settings a bit until there happy with it. i was talking to a bloke that done the testing with the 4000s befor they come on to the market, he told me alot about the detectors that i didn't know. it's very helpfull when you talk to people like that they can shed so more light on how they can perform and why just by know the settings and coils and that.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Search Mode - G General -(it is more noisy if you put it in Deep)
Deep is just a switch as I understand, you can put all the setting you describe for G General in it and it will hold those settings when the switch is in the deep position. Where as the custom position will alter what is displayed on your led screen and enable one of the custom modes like patch, trash ect.

Back to top Go down