Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 4500, need help on settings please

3 posters

Go down

GPX 4500, need help on settings please Empty GPX 4500, need help on settings please

Post  madmax800 Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi all,

I have had a look through the past posts but really cant find what I am looking for.

I live in Adelaide so I am only able to get to Victoria every now and then.

I am planning a trip over in the next month or so and thought you may help me out.

I just upgraded to the 4500 and am asking what is =the best way to set up a 4500 using a Coiltek 14x 9 goldstalker mono.

Really would appreciate you guys and girls who have greater experience on how I should set up the machine.

Thanks in advance to those who help me.

Regards

John
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

GPX 4500, need help on settings please Empty Re: GPX 4500, need help on settings please

Post  gollstar Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 am

Hi Madman what area are you going to because different ground needs different settings.....
edit i have to ask why come to vic when your nearly in Dubbya A,if i had a decent car or 4wd i would be over there get it while its hot i say.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

GPX 4500, need help on settings please Empty Re: GPX 4500, need help on settings please

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 am

These are the settings I mainly use on the 4500 with a Monoloop coil,

Front End Cap
Timings, Enhance
Ground Balance, Fixed
Coil/RX, Mono or DD mode
Search Mode, General (all the Factory Presets in General point to similar settings for the GP series)

Global settings

Volume Limit, Speaker use 10, Headphones, 12 (FP)
Tone, I use 63 you use your preference.

General search Mode Menu

Gain, 8 (FP) to what ever you can handle on the day.
Motion, Slow (Very Slow chops out too much info unless you crawl along, Medium makes the threshold too chattery).
Stabilizer, 8 for larger coil 10 (FP) or more for small coils chasing little bits.
Audio, Deep (my preference with larger coils), Normal for general use, Boost for the little bits when using a higher Gain with smaller coil with Enhance chasing small gold in shallow ground.
Target Volume, Speaker use 12 (inbuilt booster), 8 (FP) for headphones or B&Z Boosters.
Response, Normal
Discrimination, Off

If the gold is small and the ground HOT, try a Motion of Slow, Gain of 11 or 12, Audio on Boost, Stabilizer on 8 and Ground Balance often using the Fixed GB (always use Fixed when using Enhance or Smooth).

Hope this helps,

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax800 Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Giollstar, JP.

Thanks fir the reply's.

I am looking at mainly searching around Talbot , Dunolly areas.

I will probably be using a 14x9 Gold stalker but have a 20"NF sl mono , 16"NF DD xp , standard and a 17" elliptical Advantage and DD Joey.

I will make note of the setting suggested and try them out.

At least I have somewhere to start.

I will also watch the SETA again before I take off to let my brain catch up as I only get out a few times a year with work an all.

Really appreciate the views you share.

regards

John
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down