Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000????

+11
kevlorraine2
hotrockgarry
Flakmagnet
Inhere
Narrawa
Undertaker
Jack0gold
Jonathan Porter
Alan WA
monkey
silentarrow
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000???? - Page 2 Empty Quick Reply

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

OK Thanks JP , humidity must be a killer .

Hey Uncle bob i lived in Kiama For 22 years , were u at ???

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000???? - Page 2 Empty Re: When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000????

Post  TheH0ward Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 am

editing you own video.... blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i hate it. 2 weeks of filming, 1 week of editing, 1 hour and 15 minutes of finished video and nobody could work out why i didnt want to watch it with them, lol

hope you enjoy editing JP, lol

cheers
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000???? - Page 2 Empty Re: When is Jonathan Porter releasing a dvd on the 5000????

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:21 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:Hi Johnathan,
do you do all the filming and making the DVD yourself?
Thanks,
uncle bob.

I do absolutely everything, thats why sometimes my interviews come across a bit rushed because I'm constantly worried about running out of tape or P2 card or SD card space, then there's the audio or the subject moving out of frame on a static camera shot, its endless, sometimes I wear a track too and fro from the camera getting everything right only to have a shower of rain come over or cloud cover to move in and stuff up the exposure settings. Thing is all that is the easy stuff, putting it all together in a cohesive manner whilst editing is the hardest part especially when your productions get into the 3 hour time frame, not a good time to have a computer crash!!! At the moment I don't know whether I'm Author or Martha.geek

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 am

Hey JP,

I heard there were 3 RULES to computers.

BACK UP, BACK UP and BACK UP. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:52 am

darn computers... i ended up going from a quad core intel processor to a 6 core AMD and havent managed a crash 'yet'

hope its all smooth sailing for you JP Smile

cheers
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:23 pm

TheH0ward wrote:darn computers... i ended up going from a quad core intel processor to a 6 core AMD and havent managed a crash 'yet'

hope its all smooth sailing for you JP Smile

cheers

Computers good mate, 2 x Xeon processors with 6 cores each plus hyperthreading = 24 cores running windows 7 64 bit with 12Gig ram. It's a little like running a GPX 5000, mobs of grunt but real smooth!! :-)

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 pm

.....technology improves..I remember when my 275Mb Ram was state of the art stuff...paid $3500 to get from USA years ago...I also remember my first detector was a W.A. made BridgeWright VLF in 1989...it ended up not around a tree like all the others but a fowl roost in my chook shed....I ended up dropping on it what it dropped on me during use.....LOL......its intricacies even stumped Phil at the Gold Mining Centre Adelaide....told me never to bring it back...LOL.that was one machine that should have been patented just someone else could never make one similar!. <About $2000 in 1989...makes the GPX5000 sound cheap in 2011>
JP, we're not worried about you mate we just want your DVD......then there will be the inevitable complaints about its cost which sounds like doesnt remotely compensate you for your time spent, frustrations in producing, or lack of alternative prospecting time.....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 am

Best of luck to you, mate, I'm sure you will have it complete soon enough.

You produce a fine product, but the tough part is always in the getting the last things polished up (was the same with my book).

Lots of folks here are looking forward to your finished video (me too!). The strong interest in this DVD on multiple forums is a testement - and a complement - to the quality of the video projects you have already completed. cheers

Chris
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:22 am

Good luck with the vid JP.

Chris, I bought your book the other day, I look forward to giving it a good read. cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 am

Hi JP,

Saw you are awake and online.

I always look at your photo on the bike.

Is that a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, like Ewan McGregor and Charley ride in the series " the long way round"

If so you have a great bike.

You could strap the 5000 along the handlebars and travel deep into the oz bush for some great off the track finds.

Anyway love your work and I will have my credit card ready for your new 5000 DVD.

Another idea - have you ever thought about a general DVD on the aussie detector life. Your travels and finds. No tech stuff, well maybe a little. You would have a heap of footage available. Would be a winner and a great dvd to sit down over 1 or 6 cold ones.

Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2