Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites Eagle 2 SL

3 posters

Go down

Whites Eagle 2 SL Empty Whites Eagle 2 SL

Post  adrian ss Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 am

Anyone remember this beast? 1990 vintage.

Whites Eagle 2 SL Rscn5510

One of the first fully programmable tectas from Whites. All other manufacturers had to catch up, inc ML.
   Each of those control buttons had multiple functions and you needed an agile brain to work the machine.
This thing had every programmable feature you could imagine and was way ahead in the game. very powerful and mainly a coin and relic detector.
   Used one for a while but my brain was not up to the task and so after about 6  months I reluctantly released the Eagle back into the wild. Smile
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Whites Eagle 2 SL Empty Re: Whites Eagle 2 SL

Post  geof_junk Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:00 pm

I got one of the first issue release Whites Eagle in the garage. When my 25 year old grandson gets he car licence I said he can have it. I wonder if the younger generation can use all of it's features when he gets it and the manual.  Smile
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

adrian ss and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:51 am

The Eagle is a mental challenge but once mastered your Goodie bag will be forever full. Very Happy
  I later replaced the Eagle with a Spectrum XLT, another Whites master piece. What that detector cannot do is not worth doing (still have the Spectrum)
These days people are too lazy to be bothered mastering anything; If it does not  switch on and go  or cannot be Googled they get the shakes and a headache  and have to take a pill. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Whites Eagle 2 SL Empty re whites eagle

Post  mogy Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:37 pm

I have found as the years pass  that the more complicated a detector is if I dont keep using all those  features , one day I go to use it and  find the brain has just given up and deleted  the memory ( mine)  .

mogy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 am

Yeah I know that feeling. Dragged out the Spectrum and the Safari yesterday and stared blankly at em for a minute or two; Hmmmm now which button  is the On button. Laughing Crying or Very sad
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down