Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locations of test patches in Central Victoria

+2
Kon61gold
VacuousEggplant
6 posters

Go down

Locations of test patches in Central Victoria Empty Locations of test patches in Central Victoria

Post  VacuousEggplant Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:20 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new to prospecting and was wondering about the locations of "test patches" in Central Victoria.

I've heard there are ones in Maryborough and Inglewood, but haven't been able to find out the precise locations.

Thanks

VacuousEggplant
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-09-01

Back to top Go down

Locations of test patches in Central Victoria Empty Re: Locations of test patches in Central Victoria

Post  Kon61gold Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:23 pm

G'day VacuousEggplant, welcome to the forum.

Like many on here that have never been to such test patch sites (myself included) unfortunately am of no help to you at all, but, if all else fails, you can always set up your own test bed site.
All you have to do is choose any close by gully (known for gold) that best suits you (distance wise) & with a long nose pick & tape measure, dig out a small cavity by the side of an appropriate looking gully bank wall (at the measured depths you wish to test targets over) & you're ready to start testing.
Keep in mind, that testing over bits of lead (whether placed in the ground, or up on the surface) are just an indication/clue, of what can be achieved by various coil/detector/timing combinations (depth wise over such targets in air tests) but can & sometimes will vary greatly when compared to that of a similar in size/shape gold nugget, found buried in its natural state, within undisturbed ground.

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

AU_Toe, adrian ss and VacuousEggplant like this post

Back to top Go down

Locations of test patches in Central Victoria Empty Re: Locations of test patches in Central Victoria

Post  Axtyr Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:34 pm

The one at Inglewood is allegedly inside the caravan park. Go to the caravan park and they will direct you where to go, literally.

The one at Maryborough, go to the Coiltek shop and they will provide you with a map to get there. If I find the map I have I will scan it and post it.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 848
Registration date : 2014-01-20

VacuousEggplant likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  VacuousEggplant Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

VacuousEggplant
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:07 pm

There is one opposite the horse track entrance in Inglewood about 50m in just on the left.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Locations of test patches in Central Victoria Empty maryborogh coilteks test patch

Post  yellowmellow Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:45 pm

please message me a map of test spot that coiltek uses like to try out my detector on some targets.

also anyone keen on going detecting next week say tuesday 22 and or wednesday 23 august please let me know thanks

tim yellowmellow
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:11 pm

Just go to Coiltek and they will draw you a map.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down