Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test

2 posters

Go down

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test Empty Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test

Post  buzzbuzzjanko Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Guys. I have desided to write again, and let you know whai I have done sofar. As there is saying : man is learning from his mistakes, but a smart man is learning from other peoples mistakes. I did ask for advise here, and told beople that I was puzzled by the gold and the way it reacts in airtesting including inside a plastic dish suspended from the ground ect. Ok here is what I have done sofar : As a chap suggested to me in my first post, I burried 2.9 grams real Nugget tied to a fishing line in my back yard. I have 3 detectors including one Dinasour, Whites coin master 6 db. I also bought one el cheepo SEBEN. My only working detector seem to be a Garret ACE 350, I bought thatone new about one year ago, and I never been on real gold detecting area. Ok here are the results : The 2.9 gram nugget I burried axactly 4 inches in my back yard ( and I have tested the ground before so that there is no trash), or eny target. I started with the whites coin master, and it did not make sound. But I did find several coins with it in the past. The SEBEN did find it eazy, but does not beep avery time. Sometimes it only beeps by sweeps from left to right, sometimes beeps avery time left and right sweeps. But many times is not beeping at all. So that makes it useless. But my Garret ACE 350 beeps avery time 2.9 grams of gold is approximately like 3 machheads together. So having only one usefull detector and prepairing to travel the goldfiends with wife, I need a second detector. After I searched here in the forum, I desided to buy a Fisher Goldbug 2, I already comited to buy on e-bay, but can not access my funds during the holydays. After I receive the goldbug 2 , I will cutt a little bit of silver and burry it in the ground and test the two working dfetectors before I get to Tibboburra, than to Dunnoly. If you guys have any suggestions let me know please. Merry chrismas

buzzbuzzjanko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test Empty Re: Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test

Post  Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am

Gday Buzz,
The Fisher GB2 will most likely find you something at Tibooburra.
I advise against going to Corner country in the summer time where temperatures can reach 50 deg C.
April- May is a much better time to go.

Back to top Go down

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test Empty Re: Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test

Post  deutran Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Buzz
Finding gold in mineralised ground is not always about depth.The best detector is the one that has the ability to differentiate between a valid target and ground noise.Gold detectors are specifically designed to handle these conditions such as your goldbug so the reputation of the detector is important.Good luck and I'm sure the goldbug will work well for you.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test Empty thanks Steve and Gus

Post  buzzbuzzjanko Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey Gus, I live here, well almost. I live in Yowah not far from thargomidah, only 5 hours drive to Tibboburra. Its a shame that I live here since 1983 and I never managed to checkout Tobboburra, But I guess the reason was that I did not have goldbug, only opal bug. So on my way to get down to Dunnoly, I will go true Tibboburrah, and if I only stop for one day. And if it get unbearable we will hide in the Pub. than we pass thrue Brocken Hill, Mildura down to Dunnoly. Victoria is cooler place in summer, but we have plan to go further west to Streaky bay to gorge ourself on King George whiting. Is there a chance to look for gold,? not far from ceduna. After the heat is over we my continiu to Kargurly and salt lakes. But I have been told not to go to salt lakes without a Minelab. So I will put it on the backburner. cheers

buzzbuzzjanko
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:41 pm

HI Buzzz, I have a goldbug 2 and found at Tibooburra it picks up a lot of hot rocks, (like every where else actually), so you might have to run it in Discriminate sometimes. I run it for a while in normal then in Disc then in normal again etc. Seems to work best that way. Running in disc does seem to cost you sensitivity to very small nuggets so there is a bit of a trade off there. In Donolly you will find it hard to run it in normal but the same plan of swapping back and forth seems to work with the goldbug 2. I usually run at full sensitivity and full volume with soil mineralization on normal and ground balanced often.
Have a good trip and merry Christmas. santa
Sparrowfart. sunny

Back to top Go down

Test your new Detector at home before taking it to the real test Empty thanks sparroefart

Post  buzzbuzzjanko Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks for your tip Sparrowfart. It gives me peace in my Mind that I have chosen the right detector. I must admit that I don't like window , or visual display.
My new Garret has never been on the field yet, but the visual depth indicator has collapsed allready. Is always shoving 8 inches plus. As I was browsing in the forum and other websites , I have noticed that the older Minelabs do not have visual display, but are still muck loved mashines. Can anyone explain me what other detectors have that magical Pulse Induction ? I think that the Garret Infinium has one, but not sure. cheers, and marry christmas
buzz

buzzbuzzjanko
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:10 am

Merry Christmas Buzz your most welcome.
Sparrowfart. sunny

Back to top Go down