Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with B&Z Booster.

+2
joe82
Axtyr
6 posters

Go down

Problem with B&Z Booster. Empty Problem with B&Z Booster.

Post  Axtyr Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:07 pm

Hi there.

I have a problem with my B&Z Booster. The ON/OFF Volume control is falling apart. I have sent 2 messages to JP in the past couple of months without any response.
Maybe his responses aren't arriving in my inbox or he is not receiving my requests.
I have successfully glued it back together again but it really needs replacing. It is difficult to locate a potentiometer that adjusts the volume and also turns it on and off.

Has anybody on the forum replaced the volume control on a B&Z booster? Is anyone able to tell me where I might get the replacement part for it?
My other option might be to replace the pot which only controls the volume, and install a separate ON/OFF switch.

Thank you, Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Problem with B&Z Booster. Empty Re: Problem with B&Z Booster.

Post  joe82 Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:24 am

it maybe time for a new one mate?

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:06 pm

If you know what exactly needs replacing, maybe one of these electronic spare parts stores, might be able to help you out Axtyr.
Jaycar electronics,
Radio parts,
Altronics etc,
Either that or Mick, known as (mechanic) on here, might be able to help you out.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:08 pm

Also, for the harder to find parts, try the online catalogues for farnell/element14 or Radiospares
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:41 pm

If you live in maryborough vic  area i can give you a new volume pot for free,like you said  they don't have the on off switch, could find one in an old radio if you look about , if you go to ebay you can order 5 of them 10k ohms standard on of vol pots for 6 dollars delivered take a month to get here , a switch from the battery will also work i have some little amp boards which also are helpful if needed as i use to build a different type of booster which worked great , these days i only run under chin dictation headphones philips  dh 50 from the usa no amp needed.my luckylark has an amp but never use it.

Last edited by jet clean on Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more information)

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:42 am

Axtyr wrote:Hi there.

I have a problem with my B&Z Booster. The ON/OFF Volume control is falling apart. I have sent 2 messages to JP in the past couple of months without any response.
Maybe his responses aren't arriving in my inbox or he is not receiving my requests.
I have successfully glued it back together again but it really needs replacing. It is difficult to locate a potentiometer that adjusts the volume and also turns it on and off.

Has anybody on the forum replaced the volume control on a B&Z booster? Is anyone able to tell me where I might get the replacement part for it?
My other option might be to replace the pot which only controls the volume, and install a separate ON/OFF switch.

Thank you, Axtyr.

Hello Axtyr, I’ve received no messages and come here infrequently these days. The volume pot is repairable, seeing how I’ve not seen your messages just send to it to me here in Clermont via express post with a pre-paid bag to return it with and I’ll repair it for free (usually costs about $50). Please include a phone number in case I need to consult further. Also the sooner the better as I will be away from about mid August.

Address is:
J Porter
Shop 5, Clermont Plaza
62 Daintree Street, Clermont, Q 4721
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

peterinaust and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:49 am

Thanks Jonathan. Your wife did get my last email and is going to send me a replacement part and I can solder it in myself.

Thank you, Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:40 am

Thank you everyone for all your help.

A member, Delepan, was very kind to send me his booster that he doesn't use. I have purchased replacement parts to repair mine so hopefully that will go well.

Thank you all, regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down