Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From

2 posters

Go down

I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From Empty I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From

Post  G.B. Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:48 pm

I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From 20220212
I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From 20220213
I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From 20220211
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Nightjar, adrian ss, hiluxer, moredeep, PeterInSa and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From Empty Re: I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From

Post  Nightjar Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:38 pm

GB, Have had more than one of those nuggets hanging off my hat or around my neck. Friendly little ladies they will do you no harm.
Their life span is approximately 12months, many die after producing the next generaton.
How do golden orb spiders mate?
She holds him tightly to her abdomen with three pairs of legs so that his pedipalps are within reach of her genital openings. As the male copulates with her, she dangles from a bundle of threads which she has just woven. After 20 seconds or so, the deed is done. [They lay back in her bed and enjoy the cooler evening breeze.] "I made that up." Laughing Laughing
**There are probably a few females here on the forum who can relate to this?** Laughing
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From Empty Re: I've Discovered Where Gold Nuggets Come From

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:01 am

Hi Nightjar I have seen heaps when out bush and also walked into a few of their webs when head down detecting but I also have a few in the back yard at home. I decided to take a photo of one and being just on dark used a flash and was very surprised how it turned out to be so golden when without a flash they appear a dull greyish colour. Am still wondering why the flash made it so golden because I thought they were called golden orb spiders because the colour of their webs.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down