Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First gold after 5 months.

2 posters

Go down

First gold after 5 months. Empty First gold after 5 months.

Post  Axtyr Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:02 pm

G’day everyone.

We had a great day out yesterday even if it did get a little hot. The 6 bits of gold I got were scattered throughout the day. I took my time and only worked a small area, an area I have done pretty thoroughly. I think the gold IS growing back. Different day, different weather.

First gold after 5 months. FAnRpGR
The pieces weighed 0.49 gram, 0.1 gram, 0.23 gram, 0.18 gram, 0.08 gram and 0.26 gram.

About 1.3 gram all up. For my first detect in almost 5 months I was happy and exhausted.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 848
Registration date : 2014-01-20

charliec, GOLDGASM, pablop, moredeep and fwdoz like this post

Back to top Go down

First gold after 5 months. Empty Re: First gold after 5 months.

Post  Kon61gold Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:47 pm

Nice bits of colour, top going, well done Axtyr cheers  I can assure you many a detectorist on here (including myself) come back empty handed & on more than one occasion.
Prospecting/detecting for gold is by no means a race as it were back in the hey day of 1850, but still goes to show that by going over ground that has produced in the past in a slow methodical manner, can still produce some form of colour.
Today its more important to understand the type of gold bearing ground one intends on swinging over, then matching the detector/timings/coil size to suit.
People must also realize something here, what any particular size coil seems to be covering at the surface in way of ground coverage, upon maximum target depth, over any given in ground size target, might only be covering ground the size of a 50 cent coin. Shocked  
This is why going low & slow, carefully overlapping coil swings (especially over thrashed ground), can bring about even more faint positive in ground signals, that otherwise could not be heard before.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

jmp333, charliec, GOLDGASM and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down