Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Southern Arizona

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Southern Arizona Empty Hello from Southern Arizona

Post  MADRAM97 Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Hello, I stumbled across this looking for any and all information I can find on locating ancient river bed's in southern Arizona. I've got a few tall mountain ranges around most of my canyons run north to south and from what I remember in highschool school geology class everything ran east to west. Dose any of that sound familiar? Any how short story long..... Have a goodday, night, morning, evening wherever you may be.

MADRAM97
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-09-17

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern Arizona Empty Re: Hello from Southern Arizona

Post  MADRAM97 Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:49 pm

Me my dog some grub and as much water as we can carry. 4 days somewhere here.Hello from Southern Arizona Screen10

MADRAM97
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Welcome to the forum MADRAM97

Unfortunately I know little of southern Arizona's landscape, regulations or that of any past mining activity within, but your way thinking or way of approach is pretty much spot on.
Most reef lines around the world tend to run in a North/South manner & if found to be gold bearing will deposit gold along hillsides into rivers/creeks & gullies bellow.
Gold bearing rivers, creeks or gullies that run in an east/west direction along or off these mountains/hillsides, tend to trap & hold gold (fine or course) far better than any river/creek or gully that tends to run in a north/south direction & are considered to be some of the richest in mineral deposits.  
I would first find out (research) what type of mining activity (if any) has taken place in or around the rivers, creeks or gullies' adjacent to the hills you intend on prospecting over, before venturing off in order of trying your luck.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:16 am

M97, suggest you ask your question on Steves US Gold Forum

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/4-detector-prospector-forum/