Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More of our Bush getting closed

+5
soldier of fortune
llanbric
Axtyr
mbasko
GPZhunter
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More of our Bush getting closed  Empty More of our Bush getting closed

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:17 pm

G’day All,

We are losing more of our detecting ground by the Green.....................................So we all need to sign this petition.  

https://www.change.org/p/victorian-government-we-want-our-bush-back

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

More of our Bush getting closed  Empty Re: More of our Bush getting closed

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:13 am

Hi Mike I've signed the petition. But the "E" petition at the bottom of the page is closed and has been for some time. So I  don't know how or where the new signature will be going to. I'll try and find out. But in the meantime it won't hurt if people still went in to sign as I'm sure the signatures will go to good use when the time come to present it to this Dictator type Government.
wombat Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:52 am

Thanks, Mike. I got the first 2 steps done but the 3 rd step to share and complete the petition won`t work. I will keep trying.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Claychipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:45 am

In 2018 18,000 hectares were lost in the GT for prospecting access.
Last weeks edition is 77,000 hectares.
Now less gold and less areas for all, it is clearly not a good situation. Evil or Very Mad

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:50 am

Thanks Bill, yes I didn’t realise it was an old petition until I had a look at the bottom of the page. Embarassed

Thanks soldier of fortune, yes the same thing for me couldn’t get through the 3rd step. As long as our signature counts.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Jen wrote:I got the first two steps done.
For the third step I just emailed some friends. Made no difference to the 3rd step

I think they want a donation.
my pockets V19 aren’t very full.
But they got my signature that will have to do

Thanks Jen .
The email box just would not open ,but if the first 2 steps got my signature,then i am happy with that. I did get an email asking to either share on Whatsapp,twitter or facebook , but i am not on any of those.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:29 am

Please folks, let's not get involved in this political BS. With the best of intentions some on this forum have in the past thrown their lot in with political parties only to be left high and dry. Politicians will make all manner of promises if they think that they may get your vote, only to flush you down the dunny when it suits.
Learn the lessons of the past and let's keep this forum independent.
The PMAV has been used in the past with no advantage gained. Just think before being manipulated into stupid flag waving that will gain nothing.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

bushbasher90, geof_junk, mbasko and Miners Rights like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:06 am

100% agree Reg!
We need to get as much support as possible from all parties & not be seen to be backing any one persuasion over another.
If the party/s you openly back lose at election time how open to giving time to listen or helping with issues do you think the opposition would be?

P.s. I realise the petition isn't asking for political alignment or backing one party over another but I think these online petitions are largely becoming fairly redundant. Mass protests also just seem to put people (general public) off supporting a cause rather than jumping on the bandwagon.

The only way forward seems to be with sensible, level headed submissions & representative/association discussion with relevant departments but unfortunately that can take years to see results.
Not sure what the short term answer is apart from doing the right thing when out in the bush & trying to impress that on others + keeping an eye out for these changes as they are mooted to ensure timely, measured responses to them.
Too many people react after it's already too late.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Reg Wilson and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:21 pm

G’day All,

Just went back to the link and the count is still rising, as it’s now above 11,000 And still rising. Keep up the good work all. cheers To all who are signing.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:49 pm

This partition will be about as effective as BUGU which just pissed off the state government and went nowhere. Need to be smarter than that. mbasko has it right.

Last edited by Reg Wilson on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Have to agree somewhat but I do get a sense that maybe just maybe they [the politicians] may have heard the plea of the prospecting community a little.
If they give some exemptions well and good, job done ,rally after rally not in vain????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 pm

If we don`t fight for what we believe in then we will end up with nothing to fight for. I am not really into politics ,but every now and then you have to stand up to the decision makers. The petition can serve more than getting names and numbers behind the cause . It can generate support and raise awareness on an issue a lot of people may not be familiar with in that the public land we use for recreational purposes is slowly being taken away from us. Not only from prospectors, but many other groups . Just because you may not win or don't think you have a chance at winning the fight ,doesn't mean you give in to the powers that be.
Has the PMAV got any members sitting in parliament ?

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:34 pm

moredeep, look at how effective demonstrations and partitions have been recently in many parts of the world. To get results you need to have a very large part of the population on your side, and even that does not guarantee success.
Prospectors are a tiny part of the population and their bleating's will remain unheard. Linking us with bow hunters and trailbike riders as happened with BUGU was just dumb, and made us look like a bunch of rednecks. PMAV and BUGU aligned with the opposition and actually campaigned against the government when all astute pundits predicted that the government would retain power. After retaining power, the PMAV had to go to the government saying; "Err, sorry that we lobbied against you, but could you see your way clear to give us some consideration?" Yeah, right!!!!
There are smarter ways to achieve success, and we should look to successful examples rather than this dumb headbutting which will achieve the same as in the past.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:52 pm

I went to just about every rally, bus trip to melb, meet with the VEAC members filled out surveys and wrote submission.
One did get a sense that they had made up their minds well before hand.
But as Bill stated all is not lost, they might exempt some area from prospecting.
Keep signing petitions ,do what you have to do, if it gets just ONE politician to alter their decision well and good.
I suppose it's the old saying Reg, better to die on your feet than on your knees Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Rockwall likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:12 pm

moredeep, I understand your feelings, but dying on your feet is a less desirable option than winning. One can hold their head up high, saying "I gave it my best shot, and I was in the movement", but let me run this past you. Doing the same old thing time after time with negative results and expecting suddenly to have a different outcome is not real bright.
Time for a rethink using positive examples of other movements as an inspiration to achieve a positive outcome.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Miners Rights likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm all ears Reg, I'll POP out soon and discuss over a new brew I've made.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:18 pm

I remember a little thing called the Eureka Stockade.

Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

AnnieL and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:42 pm

Axtyr, that was then, when there were thousands of prospectors on all the goldfields, not now when we are just a very small minority that the average Joe cares and knows little of. Not comparable, plus obviously you were not there. It was a defeat as well.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bushbasher90, geof_junk and Miners Rights like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:36 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:Axtyr, that was then, when there were thousands of prospectors on all the goldfields, not now when we are just a very small minority that the average Joe cares and knows little of. Not comparable, plus obviously you were not there. It was a defeat as well.

I thought that some positives were installed after the stockade rebellion.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Some positives/changes for the better did take place after the stockade rebellion llanbric & laws governing miners/mining rights were made a whole lot fairer, but at the cost of un-necessary loss to life. What hasn't changed from back then & remains till this day, is the corruption of governing officials. V02 V04

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:47 pm

Yes Bill, but an entirely different age with thousands of diggers in those days. Now we look like a tiny bunch of pissers and moaners. Need to get smart.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Miners Rights likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:49 pm

GOOD BYE EVERYONE Q39 I may see some of you out in the bush some day.
wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:10 pm

All the best mate, you know that you are welcome here anytime, feel free to pop in once in awhile.
cheers Bill.

Regards moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:34 pm

Wombat wrote:GOOD BYE EVERYONE Q39   I may see some of you out in the bush some day.
wombat

You have a good heart and have done a lot for the cause which is much appreciated by all .
Thanks Wombat . We will miss your input.
Good luck to you and never give in.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 pm

Can't you blokes let it go?  Any issues or problems a member has with the running of the PMAV or BUGU, should be discussed with the relevant officials of those sites, not brought up on here for open discussion/debate. Sometimes I wonder if all that I say, falls on deaf ears. If talk continues in an unproductive derogatory manner, I will be left with no choice but to lock up this thread also.
To think the problems of COVID & lockdowns aren't enough, for the last time I ask of you both, please give it a rest, let it go. Shocked

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson and Rockwall like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Miners Rights Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:50 pm

Hello boys.

I'm from nsw, but have been gold prospecting for more than a decade

It's sad to see this happen where we agree and disagree with each other in regards to these government decisions to ban gold prospecting a little bit at a time until it is all gone.

I think that the green groups have gained a lot and have influenced the government to close up our rights in the forests where we prospect.

Has anyone ever thought about the Victorian Minerals council could be behind all this?
The Victorian and the Nsw Mineral councils have always regarded us little prospectors as standing in their way and that the minerals belong to them, so I'm wondering that BUGU and the PMAV have been left in fighting the wrong direction all along to the demise of us losing our rights and our forests?
What is the PMAV going to do in regards to these parcels of forests slipping away?

Miners Rights
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:43 pm

G’day Ali,

Here is the latest petition for saving our Bush

http://chng.it/Pr52xMYNkT

500 + so far, come on let’s get together and sign up for all those small businesses and towns that it will affect not only the Gold ground we will be losing.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miners Rights Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Petition after petition after petition and the list goes around in circles for nought and wasted monies and years of hard work for nought like a dog chasing its tail, only to be left bewildered why it was doing so?

I think my understanding of the Mirerals Council of Australia has more authority in how things have panned out than we realise, behind closed doors I think the outcome has been to the detrimental for us lowly gold prospecting community Australia wide.

Miners Rights
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Miners rights, welcome to the forum

One things for certain, it will always be the relevant governing authorities in charge of such matters, that just about always have the upper hand when it comes to decision making. But in saying that, if you or anyone else on here has a far more better way of getting our message through to the point where useful action is taken in way of opening up more ground for the prospector/detectorist (like were said before) then we're all ears, lets hear it.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

More of our Bush getting closed  Empty Fighting for a cause.

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi Kon, having just returned from a visit to Tasmania and visited the Gordon, Franklin rivers I could not have been more awed by the way that the all powerful Hydro Electric Commission were eventually defeated in their quest to dam the Franklin by a dedicated hardy group who would not be beaten into submission. This was a cause that fought a hugely powerful adversary and won. There are lessons in how this victory was won and how this may relate to what prospectors which to achieve. We need to learn from victories and not from repetitive defeats.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next