Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

+27
jrw
ttrash
ben digo
hapalogh
Show Me The Gold
Razorback
Old Hand
keogh
AuTitch
Ivan N
dougy
rowdy
Kon61gold
thegoldman24
dundiggin
Sparrowfart
Sharkbait
mallee00
moredeep
MacRob
Mechanic
nanjim
mbasko
Eureka Dreams
slimpickens
adrian ss
Grandfather Johnson
31 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Eureka Dreams Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 am

This new Facebook Group began a few days ago and already has 5,484 members!! and growing fast...The group comprises all bush users and those that support the common freedoms of bush users! These like minded members protest against pending changes by stealth to our access to areas we already prospect in / hike in / 4 wheel drive in / fish in / ect.

The moderators are   Alan Salter   Rita Bentley and  Bill Schulz ( Wombat )

So no matter what part of this great country that you come from, please support the fight against these ridiculous abuses of power that the government want to implement!

Eureka Dreams

Last edited by Kon61gold on Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:47 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Dropped an S Note : Plural to Singular)

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2016-07-13

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty *** BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED *** Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users who decry pending changes **

Post  Eureka Dreams Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Thanks Vaz,i`m just trying to highlight a cause that concerns most bush users....Ok you don't like Facebook!! fair enough...but why even make comment? You must be pretty bored mate..Smile

Last edited by Eureka Dreams on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Not sure if I am 100% right here but I think it is Bush User Groups United, just changing where the s is. Peoples may not get on to FB with the s in the wrong place. Just my thoughts. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty *** BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED *** Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users who decry pending changes **

Post  Eureka Dreams Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Thanks Bruce Very Happy Got it right now ....Take Two Smile

Last edited by Eureka Dreams on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Na , its Groups ..........       Bush User Groups United  Q39         Gee I hope i'm right Q34   Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty *** BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED *** COME ON ONE AND ALL AND SUPPORT THIS FACEBOOK GROUP OF BUSH USERS WHO DECRY PENDING CHANGES **

Post  Eureka Dreams Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Yes Bruce Smile I Farked up again....No don't correct the Farked Very Happy

Post has no interest anyway it seems..

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes it seems that way but maybe all going to Face Book , Don't know if you know but they are calling for members for the Bush User Groups United on F/B well over 5000 the last time I looked. Now you mentioned farked it is not, Nah better leave it at that Very Happy Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:18 am

In the coming weeks the "Bush User Groups United" are planning more protest rallies. So for those that don't belong to face book but still would like to support our course by attending these rallies, they will be notified well in advance through forum and groups like this one. Our group now have just under 6000 members signed up in 4 days. The site only came on line Wednesday afternoon. This shows how people feel about their chosen recreational hobby or sport and their rights to enjoy it with family and friends and other like minded people. But this could possibly be taken away from them if the Victorian Government decide to turn some State Forests to State or National Parks. This will not only effect them but also small towns and business's that rely on these group for income or the bush it self.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 am

There is no doubt that face Book will give you total coverage and spread your opinions world wide with zero security or privacy.
I have witnessed the privacy and security (Lack of) problems that my wife and daughter have had to tolerate. due to Face book.

There is no such thing as a private FB account. Somebody somewhere is able to see everything that you do via FB whether you want then to or not. Your life is not your own once you go onto FB.
If you delete your account it is not gone completely and FB can access it any time they like..
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty *** BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED *** COME ON ONE AND ALL AND SUPPORT THIS FACEBOOK GROUP OF BUSH USERS WHO DECRY PENDING CHANGES **

Post  Eureka Dreams Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Thank you for your insight into Facebook  Adrian cheers You are the second person to post anti facebook views....Well you can start your own I hate Facebook post / blog..you`re choice,but you're MISSING the point of what i was trying to do for other members regarding this group on Facebook..Even Bill ( Wombat) tried to be constructive about what this group is about...Yeah good one!!

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:13 am

I wasn't having a go at anyone using Face Book. I was simply stating why I do not use it.
I guess it is handy for police and security organisations in locating/tracking possible terror groups and paedophiles etc.
On the other hand, if a person is a bit dodgy and of interest to the CIA & the FBI etc they will be red flagged and will be being watched ON LINE, they only have to be Logged on.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm

I heard a subject today on ABC local radio Ballarat around 8.30 am.[Steve Martin program- 2hrs.07min into his program]
Subject matter was about the Fitzroy river area and some proposals for development in that area which is apparently a world heritage site,obviously there were major objections from the local residents and fair enough to free speech.
One comment that perplexed me was that a local spokes woman stated,that local people had been the guardians of the river "FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME".wow!!
I can appreciate a heritage of 40/50 /60 thousand years but from the "beginning of time" is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
If the governments are listening to this type of talk and are going to accept that the custodians of the land have been here "from the beginning of time" then we have got Buckley's chance of stopping any changes to our state forests here?
Hopefully common sense will prevail ?

cheers Moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 am

Adrian, whether it's intentional or not, complaining about, or pointing out Facebook's problems while Eureka Dreams is trying to get his message across about this new group is not right, and is distractful. I'm pretty sure you don't do it intentionally and either way it's not being helpful.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Eureka Dreams Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am

Thanks moredeep cheers At last somebody else making a post that sticks to the subject matter of my opening Thread & Post Very Happy

There's a lot happening over on the FACEBOOK page with now over 6,400 members and growing..There is quite a diversity of people from all walks of life who have come together to protest these pending changes to our public lands  etc..The topic and group has also raised more awareness in the community about the various groups and organisations that support these changes!

There is of course a political agenda and power struggle going on around and within these pending changes...and people have freedom to express their opinions..I have seen that there is a Ballarat Liberal MP that has joined the group and also a Ballarat councillor in support of the Group...Whether we like it or not we need political weight whose views are supportive to the Groups cause, if the means justifies the end...There are a few political parties throwing their weight around..we know that..I like many of us here on this forum and in the wider community who use and want to continue to have access to Crown Lands etc..have to stand up to these ridiculous abuses of power that is not in the general publics interests..and that covers all recreational uses of our public lands..Just saying..Time will tell if we end up having less and less areas to use for all the hobby and recreational groups..or whether we keep what we do  now have and or not lose too much ground..

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** Empty * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED *** COME ON ONE AND ALL AND SUPPORT THIS FACEBOOK GROUP OF BUSH USERS WHO PROTEST AGAINST PENDING CHANGES *

Post  Eureka Dreams Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks Slim cheers

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Protest Rally Against The Proposal of Turning State Forests Into State or National Parks.

This is under the banner of the "Bush User Groups United"

"Great News". There will be a Protest Rally in Beaufort on Sunday 8th July starting at 10am. So bring along your Family, Friends and all other like minded people you know to attend and support us. We will be marching up the main street to the towns Band Rotunda where we will have our meeting.
Assembling area for the march will be at the southern end of Lawrence St, just near the corner of the Western Hwy. (Traffic Lights Intersection) Louise Staley, MP for Ripon will be addressing the meeting.
So bring along your 4WD, Motor Bikes, Horses, Trail Bikes, Metal Detectors and anything else that represents your Hobby or Sport, to use in the march. Also any club banners. We need 100's there to make an impact and to get our message across. We have Police assistance for the march. This is only one of any Rallies to be held over the next month, finishing of with a big one in the City of Melb

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:55 pm

i'll be there with bells on.As I've all ways said, united we stand!!
spread the word on multi media and to all your friends and family.

Regards moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 am

Wombat - has the group given thought to getting support from https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au
Victoria
Postal: PO Box 92, Moorabbin VIC 3189
Telephone: Nicole Bourman (Secretary) 0418 372 390
Email: vicinfo@sff.net.au
I'm sure they'd be interested.
Good luck with the march. Hopefully thousands turn out for it.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:47 am

Hi mbasko Yes we had Ethan Constantinou from the Shooters Fishers & Farmers there at our Maryborough Rally. But I will give them a ring again. We will be having Louise Staley MP for Ripon, Costa Di Biase from the Australian Country Party, OllyOleszek President of the PMAV and my self speaking on the day. We are also hoping of getting someone from a 4WD club to speek as well.
So don't forget guys, this Sunday the Beaufort Rally at 10 am. Assembling area, down at the traffic light for a march up the main street to the Rotunda. Bring along what ever represents your hobby or sport that you do out in the Bush. Hunters I don't think you can bring guns as the police my frown on it a bit. But a fishing rod or something like that should be OK. Bring along your Dog on a lead as well. This is a family rally.
So come along and support us, so we can support you.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi wombat,i'll See you there on Sunday, I've just finished a two paged terse letter,{very diplomatic of course} and sent one to the current premier,the current environmental minister and my local current member.hopefully they'll read it?
I would encourage everyone to send a little "one liner" to their local labor MP,"I detect and I vote" .We need to give them all the heebie- jeebies Evil or Very Mad

cheers all, moredeep

moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Don't forget everyone Beauford this Sunday at 10 am. Channel 9 news Ballarat will be there as well. So we need the numbers. A lot more on the Dja Dja Wurrung draft report at the meeting as well.( Not Good)
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 pm

That to me Wombat sounds like it's a foregone conclusion?
A deal stitched up in the back rooms of parliament? I think someone has sold their soul to the devil?
It'll be a sad day if it happens,but then again I'd be happy NOT to pay any fines I incur prospecting illegally and go to jail.Evil or Very Mad

SEE YA ON SUNDAY

CHEERS MOREDEEP

moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  nanjim Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:02 am

Just listening to Macca on the ABC ...
A very good piece from Ollie about today's protest meeting .....
I am with you folk in spirit... we are in the west .....
Hope ou folk have a good roll out today ...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

nanjim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:41 pm

What a great day,a little wet but that didn't dampen the enthusiasm.
There was one heckler{from melb as he stated proudly],he tried to out do bill but one detectorist very politely told him to SHUT HIS MOUTH! ,I asked the dude who paid him to come along ,he didn't answer me.
The local bakery had a booming trade ,not sure if they ran out of pies.
On my way home I stopped off near Talbot and pinged some nice color,AND THAT SAYS IT ALL DOESN'T IT! I STOPPED WHERE I LIKED IN "OUR STATE FOREST"!!!!
Other rallys soon at, Avoca and then Parliament house in spring street

cheers moredeep

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** 20180711
* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** 20180712
* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** 20180710
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:52 pm

We can expect more of those hecklers as the rallies progress. So we need as much support as possible.
Moredeep, there is also a rally at Bendigo in between Avoca and Melbourne.

Lets ALL get behind these protests.

MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi macrob,thanks for that,I'm always suspicious of hecklers when it's related to politics,
I am aware that there are professional protesters who do this type of heckling for a fee,who knows ,call me paranoid.
When is the Bendigo rally?Bill didn't mention that one?
Hopefully monies raised at these rallies will go towards hiring a whiz bang "P.A SYSTEM" A BIG BOOMING VOICE WILL CERTAINLY HELP OUR CAUSE AT SPRING STREET Very Happy

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Yes the P.A system was a bit scratchy at times, however Bendigo was mentioned and I believe it was set down for Sat 4th August.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks MacRob,I did hear the 4th of august mentioned but for some reason I heard Avoca,must be my crappy hearing,I'll put that down to,to much rock and roll in my hay day?
Then again it could be all those screaming deep targets I keep getting Laughing

Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 am

Thanks moredeep for the photos mate. The Avoca Rally is on Saturday 21st July at 11am in High St. The main street going through the town. Bendigo rally is on Saturday 4th. August. Time and place has not be decided as yet.
On Wednesday 8th August is our big one on the steps of Parliament House in Spring Street, starting at 1pm. We need the numbers at EVERY rally to get our point across. I have heard that we are starting to get our point across as some of the pollies think this could become a election issue. So we have to keep up the pressure. VEAC should be releasing their second draft report on the Central West Forest Investigation in the next week or 2. I'm hoping to have news on it by the Avoca Rally.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks Wombat for clarifying those dates.
I will try and get to all rallies,I think it's important not to be complacent ,it easy to sit back at hope other people will turn up.
Make the effort everyone and then go detecting afterwards,make a day of it:)
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next