Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex QED dealer

5 posters

Go down

Ex QED dealer Empty Ex QED dealer

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:32 pm

It is with regret that I announce that my QED journey has come to an end.
I made the mistake of pointing out that there were a few problems that concerned me, and that was the beginning of the end. The messenger has been shot.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

AraratGold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ex QED dealer Empty Re: Ex QED dealer

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 pm

Sorry to hear of such news Reg, but I ain't going to ask you as to the reason/s why, for that's between you & any other parties concerned. Know this though, to every beginning an end & to every end, brings forth a new beginning. Always look on the bright side of life.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:53 pm

I was a fairly early adopter of the QED ( PL2 ), and when I pointed out it's faults / weaknesses I was lambasted and denigrated by the QED crew.

Following an apology from Reg for his part in my denigration, I now feel completely vindicated. Whether I got one of the " appalling " ones, or just a sub par one, I don't know, but suffice to say it was ordinary !

Doug on AEGPF has all but admitted today that the QED has a substandard GB system, which of course he blames Minelab for, even though Minelab were just protecting their IP. The poor GB on the QED was one of my biggest gripes about it, as it was unusable in WA :

" Had Howard been able to implement his patented GB method then the QED would have had a GB nearly as good as a ML which is why ML fought tooth and nail to stop it " That statement tells me that the QED ground balance is a long way short of Minelab.

Anyway, Reg and I have had our differences, but I wish him well, and hope that he can get rid of the sour aftertaste of the QED saga !

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:23 pm

That is unfortunate news Reg. Am sorry to hear that things have gone a bit pear shaped.
  I have just read the operators manual for the PL4 and I have to admit it is a bit mentally  taxing for my tiny brain......I think I was starting to rock backwards and forwards in the chair and making odd moaning sounds by the time I reached the last page. lol!

Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Lamb basted?  Shocked  Fair enough statement Rick. (Any chance of finding out what type of seasoning they used on you during the basting process, for Easter is just around the corner & I've got a lamb to prepare?  Shocked  Q35 (Just kidding here Rick  Laughing )
I've never bothered using the ground auto capabilities of the QED, for I prefer the use of manual mode any day over that of auto & to this day I cant say I know or have any sound knowledge or information about it.
I don't know about other QED detector buyer/owners on here, but after gathering enough info on the latter made PL3 workings, I made the plunge to invest in one, strictly for the purpose of having a lightweight manually operated detector, capable of being worked quietly on/over hot/highly mineralised ground, of which it does & does well.
It certainly is no GPX 5000 nor GPZ 7000 in way of detecting depth over larger gold targets buried deep in hot ground, neither did I expect it to be for the price, but is more than capable of hearing/separating even tiny bits of gold, from some of the hottest ground where both the above detectors would struggle over, (less they be both dumbed down in order to do so). My Gold Bug 2 would scream murder over such ground, drowning out the possibility of hearing any positive in-ground target signal.
As for the QED's ground balance characteristics (when operated in manual mode), can be & is a little more challenging to set up & get right as a beginner, but the more one uses a QED, the more one becomes familiar with its settings & changes required out on the field on demand, become second nature.  I myself as an owner operator of a QED, now find the QED's manual ground balance system, far less frustrating to use & the QED's manual ground balance out on the field, is more than adequate for its intended use/purpose.
On another note, lets try to keep this thread civil & not turn it into another "So are the days of our lives saga" for things are what they are. Laughing

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson, adrian ss, moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Ex QED dealer Empty QED

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:39 pm

Thanks Kon and a very fair assessment of the QED. I have been attacked by the QED 'fanboys' and 'shock troops' for my disclosure of the problems with this detector, but nowhere have I rubbished it. All I ever wanted was for the manufacturer to face up to the fact that there were problems. When he refused to do so and blamed the consumer for the faults I saw no option but to go public with my concerns. The result has been that I have been sacked as a dealer and the dogs were set loose to disparage and denigrate me on the QED Facebook site. All manner of overnight detector experts have now become the QED hard core. I must have been stupid or naïve to not have seen this coming.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

AraratGold and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 pm

Reg, there are times in life, where one just has to agree on disagreeing, letting it go at that & moving on to bigger & better.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ismael Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:02 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:Thanks Kon and a very fair assessment of the QED. I have been attacked by the QED 'fanboys' and 'shock troops' for my disclosure of the problems with this detector, but nowhere have I rubbished it. All I ever wanted was for the manufacturer to face up to the fact that there were problems. When he refused to do so and blamed the consumer for the faults I saw no option but to go public with my concerns. The result has been that I have been sacked as a dealer and the dogs were set loose to disparage and denigrate me on the QED Facebook site. All manner of overnight detector experts have now become the QED hard core. I must have been stupid or naïve to not have seen this coming.

I was also dumped as a dealer last year, the reason was that after selling 20+ QED's in a few of months I wasn't doing enough.... He got quite annoyed that when people on FB groups or forums ask for advice on what detector to buy that I wouldn't promote the QED, I told him straight that his perverse obsession and hate of ML on the forums in the past would open pandora's box of remarks that I didn't want to get involved in and that would adversely effect the sales of the QED also. My reputation was the main reason I sold as many as I did because I told it like it was.  I am quite glad as far as I was concerned it was and is a level entry detector at best. If ML had PI detectors at that price range I would not have considered becoming a dealer in the first place. I always honestly told my purchasers that I use ML detectors and might use the QED for small bits as it is quite good at that.

Personally Howard has very thin skin and cannot handle any criticism and as you would know Reg he is always right...Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes
Ismael
Ismael
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.minelabmods.com

AraratGold, AnnieL, Reg Wilson, vanursepaul, hiluxer, moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:56 pm

Sad to hear your side of the story too Ismael. One does not have to handle criticism, but in order to make way for improvement, one does have to handle fact. Shame it has come to that.
The facts concerning the working capabilities of QED, are what they are & should not be made into something they are not. As a matter of fact no new coil or detector should be spoken about in a manner that it is not.
I bought a QED from Reg, but not before gathering plenty of info from many a different source, as to where it best be put to use & for its much lighter weight factor, but not for the reason expecting it to be similar in working/depth characteristics, as what you would expect to get in/over mineralized ground with a GPX 5000 or GPZ 7000. Anyone expecting more than that, for a fifth of the price of a GPZ, quite obviously hasn't done their homework.
The QED, is not for the person wanting a switch on ang go detector, for it is a little more complicated to get ones head around its working characteristics/capabilities, but like anything, once mastered, the QED is more than capable of handling the highest of mineralized ground conditions, finding gold where even my GPZ would struggle with ground noise.
The jargon of well, what does one expect for one fifth the price of a Minelab GPZ 7000, has to stop & concentration put on the what & where the QED could best be used for.
Now as for what expectation the owner/manufacturer of the QED expects from his dealers in way of selling tactics, is strictly up to him & his dealers, just keep in mind, reputations/trust which may take years to earn, can quickly be destroyed through the falsifying of deceitful facts, within minutes.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

drbob, Reg Wilson, hiluxer, moredeep, PeterInSa and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:42 pm

Well said Ismael.

Coming from someone with the respect that you have in the prospecting world, it says a lot about the " mentality " of the QED crew.

Howard really needs to start listening to what his dealers and customers are telling him !

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:04 pm

Gents, lets not go overboard with the comments of finger pointing/condemnation. This forum is not the place for personal vilification nor justification. What's happened happened, so lets let it go at that & move on to bigger/better.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

pablop, Rockwall and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down