Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good day out.

3 posters

Go down

A good day out. Empty A good day out.

Post  Axtyr Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:46 pm

G'day everyone.

What a fantastic day it was out there today, magnificent weather for prospecting.

A friend of mine was interested in detecting so I took him out for his time. Another member of our group was out again with his 4500 and still waiting for his first piece of gold and today would prove no different.

I got Wayne set up with the 5000 and showed him how to use it and locate a signal. I then took him out to where I found my 3 pieces last week and let him go. I got my detector and returned to see how he was going. He was busy trying to decide if the sound he could hear was a signal or ground noise. I took the headphones and it was definitely a signal. His inexperience was making it difficult to isolate the area. We finally settled on the location and I started digging. A couple more whacks and it was out. Finally I had the thing in the scoop and I dropped the 1.5 gram piece of gold into his hand. He was happy. It didn’t even take him 10 minutes to find his first piece. It was only 3 metres from last week’s finds and I can’t understand how I missed it. His good luck. He also found an 1826 coin, probably a sixpence or groat maybe. Very worn and hard to distinguish.
A good day out. IxPkRf6

I managed to find 3 small pieces and a Chinese coin, a corona coin I think.
A good day out. 5gHFoy7

My pieces weighed, 0.33 gram, 0.08 gram and 0.07 gram. I didn’t weigh the coin and won’t until I get my vaccine.

I don’t think Moredeep found anything.

Good luck out there.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

geof_junk, Detectist, Biggest Kev, AnnieL, bfloyd4445, moredeep and fwdoz like this post

Back to top Go down

A good day out. Empty Re: A good day out.

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 pm

well done mate was a great day,nice gold and the coins are a bonus.
zippo for me but as usual nice to catch up.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

A good day out. Empty Re: A good day out.

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 am

Nice bits of colour. A good day out indeed. Well done gents. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down